Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Dennisg
Dennisg began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
Opus screen freeze

Hi guys, please help - the screen on my brand new Opus freezes up and even if I press the reset button or take the battery out it doesn't unlock. I've downloaded the new firmware but when I plug it into my PC it doesn't even register on the drives anywhere.

Has anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?

With thanks
Dennisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Have you tried switching it on?
The eInk-screen does not clean at power loss - which is what you implied when you resetted.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I've downloaded the new firmware but when I plug it into my PC it doesn't even register on the drives anywhere.
Plug the opus, switch it on. (light should change color). Screen should display the "connected" icon.

Make sure battery is charged, too.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote