Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #91
Lula Ribeiro
Lula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
Thats correct. The 16Gb has always been $249. My mistake.
Lula Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula Ribeiro View Post
Thats correct. The 16Gb has always been $249. My mistake.
No problem. The 8GB was jacked around, making it a poorer value.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #93
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Quote:
It's time to recognize it for what it is and move one. You've done the research, now make a logical decision. Yeah, it's puzzling what's going on with Lenovo. We're talking Lenovo here.
Yeah, but then I figured the taxes on the HTC, and I'd be coughing up $75ish more. I need to do the timing belt on my car Monday, if I can get a slot at my mechanic, so that number is harder to swallow. (Thought my car could go to 90k, find out it's recommended at 60k, and we just had the first snow, so now I'm nervous what winter could do to an old, 78k belt!).

The fiance he'd chip in for the Flyer - but not let me open until Christmas! Mean! I want to stomp my foot like a little girl.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #94
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
...I need to do the timing belt on my car Monday, if I can get a slot at my mechanic, so that number is harder to swallow. (Thought my car could go to 90k, find out it's recommended at 60k, and we just had the first snow, so now I'm nervous what winter could do to an old, 78k belt!)...
I hear ya. I replaced the timing belt on one of our vehicles a few weeks ago. Pushed it to 100K miles before doing so.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #95
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'm glad I didn't wait for this one and decided to spend a bit more on my flyer...
I am thinking about the Flyer myself. Waiting to see the new Nook before I give up on the new eReaders.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 05:36 AM   #96
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Yeah, but then I figured the taxes on the HTC, and I'd be coughing up $75ish more. I need to do the timing belt on my car Monday, if I can get a slot at my mechanic, so that number is harder to swallow. (Thought my car could go to 90k, find out it's recommended at 60k, and we just had the first snow, so now I'm nervous what winter could do to an old, 78k belt!).
No matter what you do, whenever you spend a lot of money on a toy (of any kind), you'll get an emergency within 2 weeks that must be paid for (broken car, broken washing machine, broken fridge, etc).

(and I presume my belt must have been replaced already then, as my car is getting close to 250K km)

Quote:
The fiance he'd chip in for the Flyer - but not let me open until Christmas! Mean! I want to stomp my foot like a little girl.
I have the same problem! I want a mixer (or rather, as KitchenAid says, a kitchen robot, I mean, that name alone is more than enough reason to buy it!). And we'll get it, for christmas... And I'm not allowed to put it back under the tree used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I am thinking about the Flyer myself. Waiting to see the new Nook before I give up on the new eReaders.
Well, the Nook wasn't an option for me (they refuse to sell me one), so I had it "easier" in that respect
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #97
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No matter what you do, whenever you spend a lot of money on a toy (of any kind), you'll get an emergency within 2 weeks that must be paid for (broken car, broken washing machine, broken fridge, etc).

(and I presume my belt must have been replaced already then, as my car is getting close to 250K km)

Ah! My kind of pessimest.

and now you've mentioned that timing belt and mileage......

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #98
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Quote:
I have the same problem! I want a mixer (or rather, as KitchenAid says, a kitchen robot, I mean, that name alone is more than enough reason to buy it!). And we'll get it, for christmas... And I'm not allowed to put it back under the tree used...
Oh yeah, we've been there. He was unbearable (the mixer was a "gift" from his parents, with the help of my stacked Kohl's coupons and cash!) until Christmas. Same with his large, flat screen monitor last year.

Cancelled the Lenovo this morning and will suck it up with the fiance's proposal to wait until Christmas. The scary thing is he's the type to wait and wait for the cheapest deal on it - and then miss it. And we'll be on the road Black Friday (he and his dad like that insanity). So, rather nervous.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #99
Lula Ribeiro
Lula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of lightLula Ribeiro is a glorious beacon of light

Back on topic

My A1 shipped today, as informed on the order status on lenovo shop website.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #100
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Back on topic

Good news to finally have something ship! Hope the word gets out.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #101
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Back on topic

Please tell us what you think of it once you've got it! (so I can see if I was right in buying that more expensive Flyer or not )
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #102
Lula Ribeiro

Unfortunately I will only have it in my hands on December 15th because I live in Brazil and had it shipped to my sister in law in the US, who is coming to Brazil for Xmas. It will still be a long wait for me.

Edit: Is is now advertised on Amazon.com for $196,87, and it is the 16Gb version, but still out of stock. Available for pre-order, however. As you can see, maybe the early bird (me) payed 50 bucks more.

Last edited by Lula Ribeiro; 11-04-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #103
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Christmas is early.

At Amazon for $197 (rounded up) is the Lenovo A1, 16GB.

Not $250, but $197, free shipping (2 day for us Prime types) and no tax.

Amazon is taking pre-orders

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1232597011

"Lenovo Ideapad A1 22282EU 7-Inch Tablet (Black)
by Lenovo
Like (3)
List Price: $199.99
Price: $196.87 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $3.12 (2%)

This item has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Technical Details

TI 3622 (Cortex A8) 1GHz single core processor
16GB SSD; Mobile DDR 512MB RAM
Dual camera 0.3/3.0 MP
7" 1024x600 (16:9) display
Android 2.3 Operating System

› See more technical details "
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:19 AM   #104
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Back on topic

Quote:
Unfortunately I will only have it in my hands on December 15th because I live in Brazil and had it shipped to my sister in law in the US, who is coming to Brazil for Xmas. It will still be a long wait for me.

Edit: Is is now advertised on Amazon.com for $196,87, and it is the 16Gb version, but still out of stock. Available for pre-order, however. As you can see, maybe the early bird (me) payed 50 bucks more.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #105
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Oh yeah, we've been there. He was unbearable (the mixer was a "gift" from his parents, with the help of my stacked Kohl's coupons and cash!) until Christmas. Same with his large, flat screen monitor last year.

Cancelled the Lenovo this morning and will suck it up with the fiance's proposal to wait until Christmas. The scary thing is he's the type to wait and wait for the cheapest deal on it - and then miss it. And we'll be on the road Black Friday (he and his dad like that insanity). So, rather nervous.
You are a lucky gal. A frugal man is good. As you go through life you will see many of examples of couples who fail because of poor finances. It is the same in literature. Of course a frugal gal is a help to the couple too.

On a personal note, I kicked my first wife to the curb because she spent all my money when I wasn't looking or away, put us in debt, and lied constantly about it. Other than that she was perfect.

I just couldn't afford her.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote