Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Marikafaye
Marikafaye began at the beginning.

Device: Red PocketeDGe
New PocketeDGe owner needs help :) amazon appstore and Kindle issues

HI Everyone! I am so exicted to finally have my new Red PocketeDGe !!

It worked great out of the box, Then it updated itself and the problems began.

Amazon Appstore worked fine for a couple of times, then I tried downloading the kindle app and it says it won't work on my pocket edge.

Now Amazon Appstore won't work at all (force close message) so I can't get z4root to root it and try the other upates on here to try to get all the new 'issues' fixed.

I really need to figure out how to get the amazon appstore working again and how to get kindle app to work.

THank you all!
Marikafaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
your system may be corrupt. try reinstalling the original software.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Yeah, one of mine started this force close crap with most of my apps. I haven't done it yet because I was waiting for my new ones to come first + I'm lazy, but I haven't found anything to fix it and am planning to try a reflash to do it. So that's what I'd suggest.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Just asking, I do not know, will apps store and kindle work on 1.6? Maybe she didn't get 2.2 - just a thought.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Both work just fine on mine (with 2.2). I did have issues with Amazon not wanting to download apps but that was just a matter of linking a CC# with the "one click purchasing" deal.. even for apps that are free.

The Barnes and Noble app is a different story. It keeps trying to link me to the Droid store (which isn't supported yet) but if I can find an alternate site to grab it from then I don't foresee any issues. Just a matter of playing with things...
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I had problems with the Appstore force closing a couple of times. Try Googling the exact force close message, if you can. I found a fix for my problems that way. It was a problem with Amazon, not with the eDGe.

Of course, if you have issues outside of Amazon, you may have to take the stronger measures other people have suggested.

Hope you get it working right, and welcome to MobileRead!

P.S. Appstore and Kindle do both work on Dingo (1.6).

Hi MasterTec! If you haven't found it already there should be a link to the Nook app around here somewhere -- try searching for "nook" in this forum. It's supposed to work well on the eDGe!

Last edited by Filark; 07-10-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikafaye View Post
I realy need to figure out how to get the amazon appstore working again and how to get kindle app to work.

THank you all!
In stead of using the kindle app on your PE why not download the books to your computer then use Calibre to convert them to epub which you can then read on the e-ink side?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Marikafaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
your system may be corrupt. try reinstalling the original software.
How do I reinstall original software ?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #9
Marikafaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
In stead of using the kindle app on your PE why not download the books to your computer then use Calibre to convert them to epub which you can then read on the e-ink side?
I tried that but every book I try to convert to epub with calibre I get a message that it cannot convert due to DRM. . . So I have been trying to get kindle app on my new PE.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Marikafaye, google apprentice alf's blog.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
Marikafaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Marikafaye, google apprentice alf's blog.

Googled, reading, and following - THANKS!

Still trying to figure out how to get Amazon Apps to work , or an alternative method for getting apps on this.

Has anyone tried HBOGO app on this yet? or Amazon Instant Video ?

MarikaFaye
Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #12
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pretty sure HBOGO won't work. Netflix doesn't work. Depends on the format, but I'm guessing Amazon Instant Video won't work either. If it's free, give it a try!

Try slideme (is it .org or .com??) or freewarelovers.com for apps, or google the app you want plus apk.

There are a lot of apps that just don't work on the eDGe, for one reason or another. However, there are also a lot that do work!

If your Amazon Appstore app itself isn't working try deleting your edgejr profile with Amazon and redownloading the store app. Or simply delete the app and add it again.

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
Marikafaye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Pretty sure HBOGO won't work. Netflix doesn't work. Depends on the format, but I'm guessing Amazon Instant Video won't work either. If it's free, give it a try!

Try slideme (is it .org or .com??) or freewarelovers.com for apps, or google the app you want plus apk.

There are a lot of apps that just don't work on the eDGe, for one reason or another. However, there are also a lot that do work!

If your Amazon Appstore app itself isn't working try deleting your edgejr profile with Amazon and redownloading the store app. Or simply delete the app and add it again.

Good luck!
So this edge won't play video ? Bummer, It was the biggest reason I went with it. I had just purchased a Superpad, but it doesn't play flash/videos either so I saw this and thought it would play video Plus a reader too - I could always have both with me . . . oh well. Maybe I should have come here to ask questions before buying! lol
Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
Filark

Wait! Don't go!!

It does play video, and very nicely, just has to be the right format etc.

Try your "Tube" app, or download TV.com (free), or convert any video file you have to ipod format per Turtlehead's instructions. There's more, I just don't know it all.

Good luck. Please tell me you got it to work!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #15
rguym
rguym began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket eDGe
I installed Amazon app okay. then tried to install "ES File Explorer" and the "...force close ..." message popped up. I also got a message about "venezia" not working or such. I unistalled the ES File explorer. I did not look at my PE close before trying to install ES File Explorer so it may have already been installed...and that caused the problem. The force close problem went away. ES File explorer is still on my PE and is working fine.
rguym is offline   Reply With Quote