Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
Dictionary - English conjugator

I am making EN>LV dictionary for Kindle. I found a database from an old Stardict program that is free of copyright and have figured out the mobi dictionary format and the conversion process and it already works on Kindle.

The problem is that the dictionary file is rather simple and does not contain any word forms. I mean, there are no plurals, no -s or -ed verb forms and consequently Kindle doesn't react to such words. Does anybody know a script that could be used to automatically generate all forms for a given EN word to be included in the mobi dictionary?
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
On http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/chapter/Str...xt_Proc/Lingua I found Lingua-EN-Conjugate and Lingua-EN-Inflect. Nouns and verbs are now covered.

However, I can't find adjective conjugator, i.e., good > better > best. Any ideas?
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
@karunaji

Take a look at AGID list (Automatically Generated Inflection Database) at http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/
It worked great for me.
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote