Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Page number, bookmarks, and font size

Hey--
I'm a bit of a font geek -- and I'm nearsighted. I'm using .txt file on my Pocket Pro, and I've found a bit of a bug...

It uses 1 screenful = 1 page... however, when you change font sizes -- even using the zoom buttons -- it just goes to the same page number. However, if you make the font bigger, it puts you earlier in the book, since there are more pages.

Any way around this that hopefully doesn't involve converting all my books to a different format? It seems like a rather large bug...

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
If you increase font size it makes more pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpt View Post
Hey--
I'm a bit of a font geek -- and I'm nearsighted. I'm using .txt file on my Pocket Pro, and I've found a bit of a bug...

It uses 1 screenful = 1 page... however, when you change font sizes -- even using the zoom buttons -- it just goes to the same page number. However, if you make the font bigger, it puts you earlier in the book, since there are more pages.

Any way around this that hopefully doesn't involve converting all my books to a different format? It seems like a rather large bug...

-- J.P.
Dear J.P.:

If you increase the font size you will likely get the same page number as it may then be page 26-1, 26-2, and 26-3. So, the page will remain the same as it does not show the "-2".

Maybe I am not understanding. Can you put this a bit clearer for limited minds like mine so I can send it off to the afctory for an answer?
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hey--

-- J.P.
IIRC
Exit the book (It will remember font,usually )
Call the book back up. It will show a different page count.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear J.P.:

If you increase the font size you will likely get the same page number as it may then be page 26-1, 26-2, and 26-3. So, the page will remain the same as it does not show the "-2".

Maybe I am not understanding. Can you put this a bit clearer for limited minds like mine so I can send it off to the afctory for an answer?
In ePUB is behaves as you say but in other formats like PDB is behaves a J.P. says. It has always behaved that way and I have reported it months ago. The Jinke notion of a page is quite flawed. I can supply more details again if you need them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
In ePUB is behaves as you say but in other formats like PDB is behaves a J.P. says. It has always behaved that way and I have reported it months ago. The Jinke notion of a page is quite flawed. I can supply more details again if you need them.

Dale
Yeah -- I think it's any format that doesn't define pages itself that's buggy.

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Yeah -- I think it's any format that doesn't define pages itself that's buggy.

-- J.P.
Even the ones that do are buggy since it returns to the start of the application defined page instead of the page you bookmarked which could be several pages later. Bookmarks are difficult to use for this reason.

One solution I suggested to Jinke was to store the zoom level with the page number and then set the zoom when it returned to go to the same place. This doesn't address the flaws in the page numbering but does allow it to work as expected for bookmarks.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
I had problems with mobi format. I was reading some Xanth books, and it said 936 pages. When I finished, the last page switched to 769, or something. Dunno why. I am assuming that it configured the total pages based on something, but I duno what it was.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Page numbers in Mobipocket Reader have always been buggy and always will be. So if you are looking for accurate page numbers with a Mobipocket format eBook, forget it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote