Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Cover size in Edit Metadata

Is it possible to have a tweak to either display or not display the cover size of a book in the edit metadata screen? Or allow it to be dynamically moved around in the cover box, or if not dynamically, then in a tweak. Have it show up instead of the bottom right, any of the other three corners? I'm loading books which have the cover included with them, but the author is not identified in the file name or the metadata of the book, but the author is on the cover. When I load the books, the cover is loaded properly, so I can use that to fix the metadata of the book I'm loading. Frequently, the cover size cover ups the author name, so that I then have to open the book to find out the author name. I like that the tool tip shows the cover size when the mouse is on the cover. If that's not possible, maybe move the size up to beside the bolded word cover?
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
Is it possible to have a tweak to either display or not display the cover size of a book in the edit metadata screen? Or allow it to be dynamically moved around in the cover box, or if not dynamically, then in a tweak. Have it show up instead of the bottom right, any of the other three corners? I'm loading books which have the cover included with them, but the author is not identified in the file name or the metadata of the book, but the author is on the cover. When I load the books, the cover is loaded properly, so I can use that to fix the metadata of the book I'm loading. Frequently, the cover size cover ups the author name, so that I then have to open the book to find out the author name. I like that the tool tip shows the cover size when the mouse is on the cover. If that's not possible, maybe move the size up to beside the bolded word cover?
There is a setting to NOT display cover size in details
Preferences Look and Feel: Book Details

I will agree: cover size does seem to land on the Author (or whatever you just happen to NEED to see )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Is it possible to have a tweak to either display or not display the cover size of a book in the edit metadata screen?
Unless there was a new tweak added that I do not see the answer is no. You can follow theducks advice and use the cover in the book details pane to help you edit these fields in the list view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quote:
Is it possible to have a tweak to either display or not display the cover size of a book in the edit metadata screen?
There is a setting to NOT display cover size in details
Preferences Look and Feel: Book Details
While this information may help it is not what the OP asked about.

However the OP can edit Author in the list view while viewing the cover in book details and work around the problem by not editing this info in the Edit metadata window.

Of course to do it this way may require the OP to change the below tweak (preferences - tweak).

Quote:
# Control behavior of the book list

doubleclick_on_library_view = 'edit_cell'

horizontal_scrolling_per_column = False

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-11-2013 at 07:53 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Walt
I believe the size lands in the exact same spot in Details, so disabling it does help some using your suggested technique
Old 10-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW the cover size is not shown in what I call the Book Information browser - even though I have it displayed in Book Details.

To access the Book Information browser Press 'i' on a selected book or select Show book details in the spreadsheet context menu.

I find this useful because I have a skinny book details panel (the one of the right) so I can't always read the fine print on the cover - Book Information also displays all the metadata.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

You can still edit metadata if you have Screen space to allow both and still get at the fields. Not optimum, but possible
Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I suggest you use the main book list to enter the title and author info, the cover size is not displayed (by default) in the book details panel on the right.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On second thoughts: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ef1ebd7edf7718
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
You are wonderful! Thank you for considering this.
It's going to make editing all the metadata that I have to do a little bit easier, and for that I thank you and your wonderful team for taking the time to maintain this fantastic product, and for listening and considering ideas from your user base. I look forward to seeing this in the upcoming release.
Again Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you. You have no idea how wonderful it is to see something you suggested be taken into consideration, and implemented into such a great product like this! (Happy dance! Happy dance!)
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover size, edit metadata, tweak