Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #136
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-boiled pat View Post
earl swagger is an amazing character.
earl swagger vs jack reacher, octagon death match

.308 remington allowed
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #137
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
earl swagger vs jack reacher, octagon death match

.308 remington allowed

tough call but my money's on reacher.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #138
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-boiled pat View Post
tough call but my money's on reacher.
well ...

given that reacher is often empowered with almost superhuman powers, i think you are probably correct.

in the more realistic world of stephen hunter, fallibilities included, i'll go with big bob.
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #139
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
well ...

given that reacher is often empowered with almost superhuman powers, i think you are probably correct.

in the more realistic world of stephen hunter, fallibilities included, i'll go with big bob.
bob lee is fast i'll give you that. but i doubt any of them could match Parker in amorality.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #140
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Isaac Asimov
Arthur C. Clarke
H.G. Wells
Jules Verne
Larry Niven
Robert L. Forward
Charles Dickens
Stephen King
J.R.R.Tolkien
C.S. Lewis
Nancy Kopp

And I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #141
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If you are into the amoral, which sometimes I am, Max Allan Collins Quarry series, Lawrence Block Keller series, and Repairman Jack by F. Paul Wilson are interesting hard boiled kind of reading.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #142
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
If you are into the amoral, which sometimes I am, Max Allan Collins Quarry series, Lawrence Block Keller series, and Repairman Jack by F. Paul Wilson are interesting hard boiled kind of reading.

Helen
Hmm, I have to disagree about Repairman Jack being amoral. I pretty much agree about Keller and I think Parker would fall under the amoral umbrella. I've not read Collins.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #143
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopyFrood View Post
Hmm, I have to disagree about Repairman Jack being amoral. I pretty much agree about Keller and I think Parker would fall under the amoral umbrella. I've not read Collins.
the only thing i dont like about keller is his stamp collecting.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #144
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
I once listened to a Keller story read by Lawrence Block. He wasn't really a good narrator, but he sure seemed to fit with the Keller story.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #145
MoJo22
MoJo22 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
My favourite must reads in no particular order:

Anita Shreve
Laura Griffin
Julie James
Nicholas Sparks
Jodi Picoult
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Kirstin Hannah
MoJo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #146
ElsieC
Zealot
ElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-505
Just a few of my favorites:

J. R. R. Tolkien
Sue Grafton
Janet Evanovich
Robert B. Parker Spenser series
ElsieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #147
magkelly
magkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: T310 Cruz Tablet
I have very varied tastes in reading material. One day I might be reading a thriller by Heather Graham or someone similar the next I might be reading a romance by Nora Roberts. One day it's all history bios the next I'm reading 18th century poetry or classics all day. I have a list of favorite authors that's probably 50 people long at this point, lol.,
magkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #148
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I have to add to my list, Harper Lee. Brilliant.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #149
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Absolutely Harper Lee but it's not terribly difficult to keep up with her body of work!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #150
PepSnick
Enthusiast
PepSnick doesn't litterPepSnick doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color
I am not picky about who I read as long as they tell a good story and I can understand the writing style and contet. With that said, the two that come to mind over everybody I have read is James Patterson and Mary Higgins Clark.
PepSnick is offline   Reply With Quote