Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-27-2023, 11:49 AM   #1
wilsontd
Enthusiast
wilsontd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smuggler's Valor: A Sci-Fi Action Adventure

Smuggler's Valor is now available on Amazon (also available via Kindle Unlimited). An audio book on Audible is in production and will be released in the 1-2 weeks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C6FGKN86

Smuggling precious cargo to a remote colony was supposed to be easy. I was dead wrong.

Awarded Silver Honorable Mention in the recent first quarter Volume 40 of L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future contest.

Smuggling is a dangerous business and Reese Daniels has the score of a lifetime within his grasp; however, getting shot down on one of Uranus' moons wasn't in his plan. Stranded and on the run in the middle of an alien invasion, Reese must work with a group of Marine cadets to escape a grisly fate.

Smuggler's Valor continues to gather great reviews on Amazon, Goodreads and Reedsy. Here are a few excerpts from Goodreads:
Smuggler's Valor is an intense, breathless, visual masterpiece - Goodreads review
The characters were well developed, the world was interesting, there was action and comedy. I really cared about the story. - Goodreads review

Check out the review of SFCrowsnest.

Last edited by wilsontd; 06-29-2023 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added reviews to original post
wilsontd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 09:30 AM   #2
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Smuggler's Valor was just added to the Nebula Award Suggested Reading List for Novelettes in 2023!

https://www.sfwa.org/forum/reading/3-novelette/
Old 07-22-2023, 10:02 PM   #3
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Smuggler's Valor is an audiobook on Amazon, Audible, and ITunes
https://www.audible.com/pd/B0CCK2BWM...0_358665_rh_us
Old 08-01-2023, 11:21 AM   #4
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Be sure to visit my website, www.tdwilsonbooks.com, and sign up for my newsletter. Big news coming soon!
Old 08-08-2023, 03:44 PM   #5
wilsontd
Enthusiast

In preparation for the cover reveal for my upcoming release, Smuggler’s Guilt, I am running a giveaway of 3 free audiobook copies of Smuggler’s Valor, the first story in the award-winning Reese Daniels Smuggler series. Join my newsletter to enter the giveaway. The cover reveal and winners will be announced on August 30, 2023.

You can sign up here: https://tdwilsonbooks.com/#newsletter

Smuggler's Valor just picked up a huge 5-star review from Reader's Favorite! https://readersfavorite.com/book-review/smugglers-valor
Old 08-17-2023, 10:22 AM   #6
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Give away for 3 audiobook copies of Smuggler's Valor is coming soon (August 30)! Sign up for my newsletter to enter. https://tdwilsonbooks.com/#newsletter
Old 09-19-2023, 08:25 AM   #7
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Today (September 19) through Thursday (September 21), Smuggler's Valor is free on Amazon!
Old 10-22-2023, 10:17 AM   #8
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Smuggler's Valor picked up another great review from Literary Titan!
Old 01-11-2024, 10:39 AM   #9
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Nebula Award Nominations have started and run through end of February. Smuggler's Valor has been on the Nebula Award Suggested Reading List in the Novelette category for months and is in the running. I am hoping to make it to the finals!
In honor of that, I have released a new Book Trailer for Smuggler's Valor. Check it out. Anthony LeRoy Lovato, my narrator for the audiobook version, narrates this as well.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:56 PM   #10
wilsontd
Enthusiast

Smuggler's Valor has gone wide!

That's right, Smuggler's Valor has gone to a wide distribution. You might ask, "What does that mean?"

The simple answer is this. When I published Smuggler's Valor, I used Amazon's KDP Select program, which offers authors the ability to promo free or Kindle daily deals and, most importantly, allows the book to be available in Kindle Unlimited.. You have to be exclusive to Amazon while on KDP Select and each enrollment period lasts 90 days.

After 9 months in KDP Select, I wanted to expand Smuggler's Valor's footprint beyond Amazon and take it vendors like Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Google Play (and Google Books), Smashwords and Kobo. It also allows me to send copies to the library distributors.

I am really excited about the reach offered by the wide distribution and the networks of these other vendors. Amazon's KDP Select program has been very beneficial. In the short term, Smuggler's Guilt will complete its current KDP period and depending on Valor's sales, I may move it over to wide as well. The same goes for Valor's audiobook.

Here are some links to find vendors. I am still waiting for Booklinker to consolidate them all.

Bookfunnel

Books2read

Last edited by wilsontd; 04-09-2024 at 01:50 PM.

Tags
action adventure, alien invasion, sci-fi, sci-fi best sellers, science fiction ebook