Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
Dutchreader
Dutchreader began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily EReader
Question How to get the PRS900 to fit in the case

I finally received my PRS900 yesterday, and to my surprise it not only had a standard cover on it, but also came with a very nice Case Logic case, specifically made for the 900.
My question is, how do you get the 900 to fit in this case, without having to really push it in there ? It seems if the standard cover could come off, it will fit perfect, but I am not sure if you are supposed to do so, and if so, how to do that, without breaking anything ?

Appreciate any help any of you can give me.

Dutchreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchreader View Post
I finally received my PRS900 yesterday, and to my surprise it not only had a standard cover on it, but also came with a very nice Case Logic case, specifically made for the 900.
My question is, how do you get the 900 to fit in this case, without having to really push it in there ? It seems if the standard cover could come off, it will fit perfect, but I am not sure if you are supposed to do so, and if so, how to do that, without breaking anything ?

Appreciate any help any of you can give me.

I find it a bit odd, but you're intended to take the front cover off before putting it into the "case logic" cover.
The idea behind is, being able to read while your reader still is in the case logic cover.
The user manual on your reader describes how to pull off the cover. You should be careful about that, doesn't seem too sturdy.
BTW: Have been (positively) surprised about the additional cover as well. But I've checked: It's on Sony's website, guess I overread while focussing on the reader itself.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Dutchreader

Smile

Thanks, that did the trick. It fits nicely in the new case, but I agree, it is kind of strange.
You have to lift the unit out of the case to turn it on, or charge it, since none of the buttons / ports are accessible while it is in this case, but it will protect it nicely for sure.

Thank for you help.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchreader View Post
You have to lift the unit out of the case to turn it on, or charge it, since none of the buttons / ports are accessible while it is in this case, but it will protect it nicely for sure.

Thank for you help.
Check this thread out for a work around on the power button issue.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Dutchreader

DSVICK, thanks, learned something new again .....
Advert