Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Worst date ever

Just came back from a SET-UP BLIND DATE!

Gee, some of my friends have no sense of timing! A friend offered to take me to the movies, to see The Hangover (appropriate title) and I gladly accepted, needing the laugh and the company. We get there and there's two guys, on of them being her "special friend", the other one, keeping a place for me, was apparently supposed to be my DATE!!! I didn't shower, I'm wearing old clothes, I've got mascara down to my chin, and the guy is HOT. I mean jaw-dropping hot. I freaked, barely talked to him, and we were both extremely uncomfortable.

How could she do that to me? Seriously?!?

When the movie ended, I froze and my friend could see in my face a mix of anger and anguish, so we all kissed goodbye and left. Since we did not talk at all, I have no idea if I'm going to see him again, and frankly, I don't know if I want to.

So I thought: why not make this a thread:

What was your worst date ever? Blind or not, tell here your worst dating experiences, it's always funny...afterwards!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Well, I can top it for bad....but not necessarily for being set up. We always spent vacations with my aunt and cousins in Stephenville, Texas. The year I graduated high school, my cousin Patty decided we were going to Six Flags. Stephenville is only a couple of hours from Arlington, Tx (where Six Flags over Texas is located). She invited her boyfriend and HIS friend. While at Six Flags, I got overheated - and threw up all over the friend of the boyfriend. I've never been so glad in my life that I was probably never going to see someone again...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I was offered a blind date with a friend of a friend. Thought "Why not" and met him for a drink.

He was VERY quiet, seemed to have no interests and it was really hard to get him to talk about anything. Then I asked about his job. Turned out he worked for the Child Support Agency, specifically finding absent parents and forcing them to make a financial contribution to their children's upbringing. Couldn't stop him talking then. He got louder and louder as he explained how much he enjoyed catching men who've abandoned their families and punishing them for what they'd done (his words!). People started listening in, then staring at us. It was quite scary, and got worse when I disagreed with him about something he said ... think he had a few issues

Date started at 8pm and I was home by 9pm. So glad he didn't even have my phone number. I avoid blind dates now, and ask LOTS of questions if anyone suggests one!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Lots of Chocolate (dark of course), hugs, and various other comfort food and drink is being virtually sent your way wrapped in happy, happy thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Just came back from a SET-UP BLIND DATE!

SNIP SNIP

I didn't shower, I'm wearing old clothes, I've got mascara down to my chin, and the guy is HOT. I mean jaw-dropping hot. I freaked, barely talked to him, and we were both extremely uncomfortable.
I have a few of these stories. One of the pluses of being older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post

SNIP SNIP

... it's always funny...afterwards!
But of course it is..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post

Snip Snip

While at Six Flags, I got overheated - and threw up all over the friend of the boyfriend. I've never been so glad in my life that I was probably never going to see someone again...
And look how lucky you were to never see that one again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post

SNIP SNIP

... because I happen to think my husband is the sexiest guy anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post

SNIP SNIP
Date started at 8pm and I was home by 9pm. So glad he didn't even have my phone number. I avoid blind dates now, and ask LOTS of questions if anyone suggests one!
I had one of these. I didn't give out my number and would take their number. I also would take my own car and had a plan set up with a girlfriend to call me at the one hour mark. That night I made an excuse and was able to leave.

On days off I always make sure to shower and dress in something "I wouldn't mind getting caught in". This is a lesson I learned only after being caught not once but TWICE opening the door to a friend who was with someone she wanted me to meet!!!

Believe me, nobody looks good in mismatched sweats, fuzzy slippers, and unshowered at noon after a late night.

Last edited by dreams; 06-06-2009 at 05:18 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #5
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
... I'll tell you when I have one.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
My worst date was a blind date. She was nice looking but completely crazy. After we just met, I thought she was nice looking and seemed a nice person. My error was acepting a lift from her (to the date's local). One hour trapped with a woman that drived fast and furiously, couldn't stop talking about her previous cheating boyfriend, how she stalked and caught him and even culminated with an abortion story.

I think it was the longest hour in my life.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
The best dating story I ever heard was a friend. He arranged to meet a girl. They were walking along a fairly busy street in town at about 9pm, so there were still cars going past.

She asked him to hold her handbag, then squatted over a drain to pee. There were cars going past, but she shouted at him when she thought he was looking at her and told him to stop.

As he said, if she didn't want to see him again she only had to say!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 AM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Three tabs of LSD + re-occurring image of a goldfish + date's hair becoming suddenly hilarious = bad date. All my fault of course

Moral of the story: never agree to a date while on ecstacy then turn up for that date on LSD.

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-06-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 AM   #9
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
@ ruth
:::squatting::: WHAAAAAA? Wha RU LOOKING AT WEIRDO!!!???

@ over
That is why i refuse being in the hands of a complete stranger... no matter who knows them... with my luck I would get the skitzo killer you looves joy rides through forests @ 3am going at 120 kmh just to hit baby deer!

@ dreams...
See... always prepared? boy scout? cuz the girl scouts only know how to sell cookies...

@ VCat
You know... i dont know the moral fiber of your "friend"... but women are cunniving... and maybe that was the plan....
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 AM   #10
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
I think all of my blind dates were bad...
But for the purposes of a funny read...

I once dated this guy for several weeks and he lived far away (3 hr drive). So when we hung out we would ususally sleep over one another house and leave in the am. One night he was complaing of feeling sick, so he took something and that was the end of it. we fall asleep. Around two in the morning I start smelling poop... And im trying to think of every possible scenario as to why i would be smelling that. I even gave myself sometime to see if I was dreaming... then i move. My knee (we slept head to toe) encountered something that went ::::sqquiish::::: The man pooped the bed! After I informed him of this and went to the kitchen to giggle my brains out and text some friends... I asked to be driven home...
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Three tabs of LSD + re-occurring image of a goldfish + date's hair becoming suddenly hilarious = bad date. All my fault of course

Moral of the story: never agree to a date while on ecstacy then turn up for that date on LSD.
It could have been worse.. You could have been "shrooming" and colorful vision trails of goldfish swimming through her hair would stream pass your eyes every timed you moved your head.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
It could have been worse.. You could have been "shrooming" and colorful vision trails of goldfish swimming through her hair would stream pass your eyes every timed you moved your head.
Ahhhh shrooms and shroom picking season... that brings back the memories (most of them good)
Old 06-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Ahhhh shrooms and shroom picking season... that brings back the memories (most of them good)
"shroomgetti" and "shroomuna" sandwiches.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #14
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:

Shroom juice (an old friend's strange distilled concoction) kept over the seasons in time for summer, and then, a few drops in lemonade and off you go!! I spent so many summer nights drinking Shroom lemonade and giggling when i was young. Ahhh to be young again....and also a robot
Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #15
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Phenomshel, that story is amazing! I read it this morning and I giggled over it all day. The kind of thing that should never happen.

Ruth, really?? The girl peed in the street?? Really?? I would've left the bag on the ground and left.

Moejoe, really????? At least, you could've offered her some LSD too, you could've laughed together!

Alpha, that's is horrible!!! Do you think the guy ever went over his shame? atrocious!

Quote:
Apparently, there are still some things I have not cook.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote