Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
CrbrlAssazn
CrbrlAssazn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Adding Thumbnail images to epub for nook hd

I'm actually quite new to my nook. I have a bunch of epubs that I just put onto my nook HD. But I get that awful standard artwork when it's in my library. Anyone know how to add the book art work as the thumbnail so when I'm viewing my library I see the actual cover of the book?

Thanks again!

Brett.
CrbrlAssazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:05 AM   #2
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
You could load them all into Calibre, edit the metadata to show the cover you want, save the edited file and then put them on your Nook. This will only work for drm-free books, as you wont be able to edit the file if is protected.

Last edited by Chapter One; 08-14-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
OverByter
OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Actually if you purchased the epub Calibre has plug-ins that use your stored key to strip DRM, be advised that this could be illegal in your location even though you purchased and own the file. :banghead:
OB
OverByter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrbrlAssazn View Post
I'm actually quite new to my nook. I have a bunch of epubs that I just put onto my nook HD. But I get that awful standard artwork when it's in my library. Anyone know how to add the book art work as the thumbnail so when I'm viewing my library I see the actual cover of the book?

Thanks again!

Brett.
My experience with the Nook Simple Touch is that it will only display images as thumbnails when they are named "cover" in the epub, like "cover.jpg." Files with other names don't show up as thumbnails, even if they have been designated as the book's cover.

That's how the NST works; I don't know about the HD.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
For Nook HD (as well as other Nook models), I've found that I have to do an epub-to-epub conversion to preserve the cover art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter One View Post
You could load them all into Calibre, edit the metadata to show the cover you want, save the edited file and then put them on your Nook. This will only work for drm-free books, as you wont be able to edit the file if is protected.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote