Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #4156
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
When is Mean Streets

After checking out Kindle Unlimited and using it (I was allowed 3 slots of the 10, my wife took up the remaining 7 ) I had to check out my library. Looks like since 2 months or so ago they started joining the Ohio Digital Library - overdrive with, I assume, a big selection. Not sure how it compares to other overdrive libraries.

Borrowed Mean Streets right away, but now don't know where The Warrior fit in chronological. It does not say in the beginning unlike Side Jobs.

edit: ahhhh, I am blind. That is part of Side Jobs. My very bad. ....

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 07-28-2014 at 08:08 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #4157
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Mean Streets only has one Harry story, and it is also in Side Jobs.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #4158
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Look here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
After checking out Kindle Unlimited and using it (I was allowed 3 slots of the 10, my wife took up the remaining 7 ) I had to check out my library. Looks like since 2 months or so ago they started joining the Ohio Digital Library - overdrive with, I assume, a big selection. Not sure how it compares to other overdrive libraries.

Borrowed Mean Streets right away, but now don't know where The Warrior fit in chronological. It does not say in the beginning unlike Side Jobs.

Look here. Then thank Nyssa.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #4159
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Mean Streets only has one Harry story, and it is also in Side Jobs.
Ahh yes. Grrrr. Slight oversight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Look here. Then thank Nyssa.

Thank you. Going through the list now and trying to find the books that each contains.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #4160
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Looks like since 2 months or so ago they started joining the Ohio Digital Library - overdrive with, I assume, a big selection. Not sure how it compares to other overdrive libraries.
Compared to other Ohio libraries I belong to, ODL has much smaller selection, and for some reason, longer wait times. I'm wondering if the member libraries don't train their patrons as well as the larger ones on things like being able to return books early (when finished) and changing the default periods from 21 to 14 (or even 7) days.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #4161
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Compared to other Ohio libraries I belong to, ODL has much smaller selection, and for some reason, longer wait times. I'm wondering if the member libraries don't train their patrons as well as the larger ones on things like being able to return books early (when finished) and changing the default periods from 21 to 14 (or even 7) days.
Ahh thank you. How do I find the other libraries for Ohio? Are they also free, or does my own library has to participate in them?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #4162
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool When Myth and Magic Meet Main Street

Quote:
SDCC 2014: When Myth and Magic Meet Main Street

Posted on July 28, 2014

Megan Miller ’17 / Emertainment Monthly Staff Writer

An urban fantasy panel, ”When Myth and Magic Meet Main Street,” was moderated by Anton Strout (Incarnate). The authors on the panel were Jim Butcher (Skin Game), Seanan McGuire (Sparrow Hill Road), Thomas Sniegoski (The Remy Chandler Series), Amber Benson (Calliope Reaper-Jones Series), Richard Kadrey (The Getaway God), and Greg van Eekhout (California Bones).

[SNIP OF ENTIRE POST- DO NOT REPOST COPYRIGHT MATERIAL]

Last edited by pdurrant; 08-08-2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #4163
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool re-read 30 chapters...again...& again

Quote:
WOW!

I've read 30 chapters and every chapter gets better and better!

WOWZERS!
...posted this one (above) my first time through! :-)

Quote:
The main reason I re-read it was to enjoy it again and since I listened to the audio version this time it was also to enjoy James Marsters' reading performance! But my re-reading of Skin Game was certainly not to answer any particular outstanding question(s) that I might have had (I had none). Also, no dirty mind games were apparent to me. I'm going to start re-reading it again (the text version again this time) before the end of July! Why? To ENJOY it again!
...then I posted this (above) after I finished my re-read (in audio).

Quote:
Now I'm going to begin my second re-read of Skin Game.
Now I'm 55% through my second re-read (back to text) as I've again read the first 30 chapters for the third time! I still feel the same as I did the first two times!

Old 07-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #4164
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Ohio Overdrive libraries

Quote:
Ahh thank you. How do I find the other libraries for Ohio? Are they also free, or does my own library has to participate in them?
I sent you a PM with some details. Let me know if you have more questions after you've looked it over.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:56 PM   #4165
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files Accelerated Playtest Accepting Applications

Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 AM   #4166
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I sent you a PM with some details. Let me know if you have more questions after you've looked it over.
Thank you for that. If I got anything further I will continue over PMs.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #4167
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:

Now I'm 55% through my second re-read (back to text) as I've again read the first 30 chapters for the third time! I still feel the same as I did the first two times!

Now let us just hope that the next one going to be such a success as well.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #4168
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool ...a success!

Quote:
Now let us just hope that the next one going to be such a success as well.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #4169
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Fuego My Eggo!

Old 07-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #4170
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy