Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Hey Alex,

Is it possible to add karma functions on Tapatalk?

I noticed that the fz6r forum I also visit has a "thanks" feature in Tapatalk.

I wonder if Karma, which is similar here, can also be implemented.
The thanks feature is a popular add on for our forum software, and Tapatalk decided to support that add on. Alas, our built-in Karma system isn't supported. While it may be possible to pay them for a custom solution to integrate Karma, I don't think it would be worth the costs, in particular if we might consider switching to another Karma/appreciation system in the future.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Got it ...

That explains it very well.

Thanks.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Disconnected from MobileRead? Forget about it - your neurotic urge to stay online and follow every discussion won't let you. And now it's even easier
Who would be shop neurotic that the first thing they would do is logon to their TapaTalk app and check the new site immediately.

BTW The site looks great on TapaTalk. I haven't found any issues do far except karma doesn't work, but that never existed for the mobile site either.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
rdjack21
Groupie
rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdjack21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elocity A7, Nook STR, Galaxy Nexus
Oh man you don't know how happy this makes me.... I've been wanting this for so long!!!
rdjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #20
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
A lot of thanks!!!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad you like it.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #22
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi Alex, so glad you got Tapatalk going at last! This means you'll be seeing a lot more of me.
:-D
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:39 AM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
Hi Alex, so glad you got Tapatalk going at last! This means you'll be seeing a lot more of me.
:-D
Wow. Craig!!!! You totally made my day.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Hmmm, one must pay for this € 2,49...
I wonder if mobileread entity take some advantage from this... partnership and what's the role of a usual user - like this one - in this ecosystem. Sucker?
No free app in all the world? Geez, this tapathing must be something... )
Please note, I do not want to offend anyone with my questions and I apologize if someone feels somehow... touched.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #25
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbait View Post
I wonder if mobileread entity take some advantage from this... partnership and what's the role of a usual user - like this one - in this ecosystem. Sucker?
Please note, I do not want to offend anyone with my questions and I apologize if someone feels somehow... touched.
Disclaimer,

I don't work for Mobileread :-) I'm another user like you.

Tapatalk it's not free, but I do not believe websites receive money from them.

Basically, webmasters have to do some changes in order to enable Tapatalk.

Tapatalk it's just another app, a tool to browse and interact with forums. A nice one I must say. And for the price, it's a bargain.

You're free to skip Tapatalk :-) ... But you'll miss a better mobile experience, like if you use your cellphone to reply a lot.

I use Tapatalk for two more forums, different than this one, and it's a blast. I also have the iPad version.

Cheers ...

Last edited by jocampo; 08-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #26
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
There is a free alternative called TouchBB, but not as many forums (including this one) support it.

My biggest complaint with TapaTalk is that, by default, seemingly every forum that I visit on my phone creates a popup to tell me that they have an app and that I should download it. It's annoying.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #27
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Tapatalk is addicting and I appreciate Mobileread letting me use the forum on the app on my phone. I've used the app on my iTouch for some time now.

Anyone got a cheap tablet to sell me?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #28
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
http://dx.com/p/7-0-resistive-touch-...9-79mhz-107155

You said "cheap", not "good". :-)

Actually... this one doesn't look too bad in their video, but it's possible that it's actually junk in real usage. Haven't seen any real reviews:

http://dx.com/p/9-7-ips-capacitive-s...th-hdmi-128474
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I wonder if mobileread entity take some advantage from this... partnership and what's the role of a usual user - like this one - in this ecosystem.
No advantage for us in the app not being free, I promise.

Quote:
No free app in all the world? Geez, this tapathing must be something... ) Please note, I do not want to offend anyone...
No offense taken. In fact, we would like to offer the app for free.

There is also the option for us to purchase a branded version that would not only make us more visible in the App store but also allow us to offer the app for free to you. The only reason we have been hesitant to go with that option is because it doesn't receive the same update treatment as the official Tapatalk version does. Tapatalk people are currently in the process of reviewing this update cycle, and once it is more favorable, we'll definitely go this route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
There is a free alternative called TouchBB, but not as many forums (including this one) support it.
Interesting, I never heard of TouchBB before. It seems they only offer an iPhone app though. There is also Forum Runner, but we opted for Tapatalk instead.

Quote:
My biggest complaint with TapaTalk is that, by default, seemingly every forum that I visit on my phone creates a popup to tell me that they have an app and that I should download it. It's annoying.
100% agreed. We opted to remove the popup (there were justified complaints), and replaced it with a forum notice if a mobile device is detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I don't. Don't have a tablet either, but I am eyeing the Nexus 7.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #30
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
There's always mobileread.mobi. That's what I still use. I find myself only using tapatalk just for the "mark all threads read" button lol.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote