Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Wallpaper question

Im using ADW Launcher on a rooted NC. I have/had a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge that I used as my wallpaper. I tried a couple other pics the other night but now when I try to come back to that one it only allows me to crop it and the cropped version isn't as sharp. I remember being able to access and set wallpaper another way than going through the menus that used the entire image but can't remember how I did that. Loved that pic and had the fuzzy, too close one's I'm stuck with now. Anyone run into this before? I need to stop changing things, I guess!
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Apparently ADW Launcher and the B&N Home screen don't play well together - and wallpapers are the victim. You are probably noticing that it zooms in on the wallpaper - making it fuzzy and out of whack.

Some reports are that you can use the B&N Settings to set the wallpaper (didn't work well for me). Others recommend an app called "wallpaper set size" or something like that (didn't work well for me either).

I took the image I wanted for my wallpaper and on my PC cropped it to 1280x1024 (for a 3 screen home page) and saved it as a .png instead of .jpg. I then copied it to /media/my files/wallpapers. Then in the settings of the Nook it showed up under wallpapers (I had to scroll down). It was exactly as I wanted it - didn't zoom in or anything. A JPG in the wallpaper folder might work too?
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Kewl, thanks. I'll try that. I do like a nice wallpaper.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
rogerperk
Connoisseur

Just found a program called coveroid that gives great wallpaper, including the one I like. Clear and nice. Its in the market!