Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-15-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
GusGF
GusGF began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Retaining Kindle sync features after conversion

I converted a Kindle file (mobi) to AZW3 so that I could edit the CSS file due to poor choice of font color. I had bought the book from Amazon and stripped out the DRM.
My question is what do I now have to do to have all the Kindle sync features available to me when I upload back to my Kindle device?

I didn't bother converting the file back to .mobi and just uploaded back to my device. The Kindle is no longer recognising it as my original purchased book, no surprise I suppose. But before I go on a wild goose chase trying to achieve what is probably impossible can someone advise me on this?

Thanks
GusGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You cannot do it. The book is a totally different book -- conversion changes all the internal file offsets, the markup, everything.

There is no way to map it back.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #3
GusGF
GusGF began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You cannot do it. The book is a totally different book -- conversion changes all the internal file offsets, the markup, everything.

There is no way to map it back.
Okay I was afraid of that, thanks for confirming.
GusGF is offline   Reply With Quote