Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
wolfy170
wolfy170 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Hi from Santa Fe, NM!

Nice place you got here!

Here's a picture of a place called Sena Plaza in downtown Santa Fe.

We're looking forward to Summer again.
wolfy170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Welcome to Mobile Read. A great forum for information and help on ebook readers. If you haven't tried Calibre, it's my new hot button since they just included us Kindle folks.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Beautiful, and thanks for the memories! I haven't been to Santa Fe in years, but I sure loved it when I went. Welcome to Mobile Read! You will find it addicting.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi wolfy170, welcome to MobileRead

I'm envious that you live in Sante Fe. I went to grad school in Las Cruces but loved the northern part of the state and think about moving back there one of these days....
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
wolfy170

Calibre looks like a great app. I'm definitely going to give it a whirl.
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
wolfy170

Looks like we've got some possible New Mexico chile (that's how we spell it here) lovers in our midst. Green or Red or Xmas... heh. Thanks for the warm reception!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Oh hey! I was born in Mesilla, New Mexico. (A long .... long time ago. Before it got eaten alive by Las Cruces).

And just so you know ... I often bitch, whine and moan about "Wolfie" ... that's not you, so if you see me doing it, just know it's NOT you.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Welcome to the forum! What do you like to read?

That picture makes me want to go to Santa Fe
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
wolfy170

Yay! A big shout out to fellow New Mexicans (Love that guinea pig pirate.)

Hi lilac_jive, I like reading a bunch of stuff: NM history, US history, politics, mysteries, natural science, to name a few genres.

Santa Fe really is a very unique place. As a native, I've called it home for much of my life. I just keep coming back. But I don't recommend moving here in this economy, the job situation in the City Different is as bleak as I've ever seen.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy170 View Post
Yay! A big shout out to fellow New Mexicans (Love that guinea pig pirate.)

Hi lilac_jive, I like reading a bunch of stuff: NM history, US history, politics, mysteries, natural science, to name a few genres.

Santa Fe really is a very unique place. As a native, I've called it home for much of my life. I just keep coming back. But I don't recommend moving here in this economy, the job situation in the City Different is as bleak as I've ever seen.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Well, if you are keen on NM history, if you get some time to utterly waste, do a little reading on "The Preacher of the Rio Grande" .... that was my grandfather (on my mother's side).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
wolfy170

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, if you are keen on NM history, if you get some time to utterly waste, do a little reading on "The Preacher of the Rio Grande" .... that was my grandfather (on my mother's side).
Neat. The state library is located here in SF and it's a fantastic resource for that kind of reading. I usually spend some time there once or twice a month. I'll check it out!