Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
esin
esin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Reset furthest page read on Sideloaded books?

I've read you can reset 'furthest read page' online through the 'manage your Kindle' site, but none of my sideloaded books appear there.

I tried deleting and reinstalling those books on both my devices, but that doesn't work as it seems the data for pages read lies in amazon's servers.

Is there anything I can do? I still have the original epubs on my pc. Could I possibly convert them again and fiddle with the settings in such a way to make kindle recognize it as a new book?
esin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
acalva
acalva began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
its on another thread but I dont remember, basically in amazon page in Manage your devices turn off device synchronization, wait for about 5 or 10 minutes, in the meantime reset the page to where you want it to be the furthest read.
Enable again device synchronization, open the book on the kindle, sync to furthest read page and it will say that you are already on the furthest page, when you open the same book on another device it will sync to the position on your kindle.
acalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I'm confused by the question. If you remove the sideloaded ebook, and re-add it, it will appear as "new" (for however long that designation lasts; 24 hours or so?). Alternately, if you just go back to the beginning, that's where the book will start when you next open it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
esin
esin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by acalva View Post
its on another thread but I dont remember, basically in amazon page in Manage your devices turn off device synchronization, wait for about 5 or 10 minutes, in the meantime reset the page to where you want it to be the furthest read.
Enable again device synchronization, open the book on the kindle, sync to furthest read page and it will say that you are already on the furthest page, when you open the same book on another device it will sync to the position on your kindle.

Thanks, that fixed it.
esin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I'm confused by the question
It is relevant to sync of furthest read position across devices/apps.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert