Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Latest nooter?

What is the latest, greatest version of nooter? I'd prefer an autonooter because I'm a bit challenged on nooting but still would like to know. I originally used 2.12.18.

(Oh look!! I'm a "Connoisseur"! Wonder what that means?)
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I think the latest is 2.12.25, but is for 1.0.1
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Sooo... if I update to 1.1.0 I can't root? Hmmm...
Old 01-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Sooo... if I update to 1.1.0 I can't root? Hmmm...
You would have to do all the steps manually using ADB. I'm sure an updated autonooter will be available soon.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
emt
Nameless Being

Root 1.1

An updated version of 1.1 is available on XDA-Developers at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=932145
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I just upgraded using the Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted ROM in the link above, and I found it both simple and painless. Zartemis' excellent thread on 1.1 Pre-Rooted is found HERE. The additional link in the thread about installing Clockwork Recovery is a good tutorial as well.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
rogerperk
Connoisseur

So happy the wise one's take pity on one such as I. Im really not that tech unsavvy but some things Im not comfortable doing because I lack the background in cause and effect. Thanks Scion and gtriever. I'll do this tonight and see how it goes.