Carbon Reserve
Xabache began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Two cover .mobi file

Well this is just the nexus of the mobile format universe isn't it
so same question as with .epub

Two cover .mobi file

I am trying to create a two cover .mobi file
this is of course much easier but i have yet to achieve the quality i would like
i have created multiple types of two cover files

one by dragging and dropping a single .jpg image into my document.doc before create a standard .mobi with imported cover. this creates the two cover image but one cover is fulls size the second slightly smaller and both scale differently giving it a unpolished look with the text creeping into the second photos page when scaled.

the second by dragging and dropping two images in the .doc, building the .mobi which gives me two identical images that scale the same but both are smaller than normal looking. again having a less than perfect look to them.

what i would like is a .mobi file with two full size, equally scaling cover photos representing page 1 and page 2 of the file, preferably without the creeping text scaling in

help me mobi wan, your my only hope

win xp. mobi 4.2 build 41, kindle pc, using .doc's and .jpgs
Xabache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabache View Post
what i would like is a .mobi file with two full size, equally scaling cover photos representing page 1 and page 2 of the file, preferably without the creeping text scaling in
You can't. Mobipocket files can have only one cover image, which gets treated as a special case by Mobipocket software, and is displayed full screen. Any images in the body of the Mobipocket files are limited to the display area - i.e. less margins, header area, footer area.

Perhaps you should use a different image as the cover image, and have the page 1 and 2 following it. At least then they'll be displayed in the same way.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As far as the creeping text is concerned, could you not simply have a hard page break after the second image?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote