Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
JuanGonzales
JuanGonzales began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
SurfPad update policy; Forkosigan?

Hi,

at first let me say that I have both a Touch 622 as well as an SurfPad 3 (7"), and I'm most happy with them. Both gadgets are very well designed, and offer a lot of power for the money. When I had a warranty issue with my SurfPad, it was solved in a most quick & easy way.

I'm an IT person and daily see other gadgets at my customers, from Kindles to iPads, over Samsung and LG tools, to Tolinos and whatever. Still I haven't found an EBook-Reader that I'd trade for my 622, neither a tablet that I'd trade for my trusty SurfPad 3.

You may call me a "PocketBook fanboi", and I'm actually saving money for my next SurfPad, a 4M or 4L ...

Two things that concerns me, and that I'd like to have answered:
  1. What's going on with PocketBook as company? I can imagine lots of problems due to the current political madness - Can we get some info about this? Recently the updates and Forkosigans helpful answers have reduced a lot ...
  2. What's with the Android versions of the SurfPads? We know now that the older Android versions (4.2 and lower) are highly vulnerable, and should be updated ASAP. Is there hope?
    (This doesn't hit the EBook-Readers that run on an embedded Linux)
I may notice that I'd go to great lengths to have a working, and up-to-date gadget. Just PocketBook would need to come out of the cover, and to communicate with us.

We'd find ways, I'm sure.

Thx for any answers, have a good time!
JuanGonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #2
JuanGonzales
JuanGonzales began at the beginning.

Device: PB 622
SurfPad update policy; Forkosigan?

Hi,
after posting on 03-06-2015 07:08 PM I now bump this. This is not a necro, it's a valid question, IMHO.

The SurfPads are really cool, well done gadgets, but with developers taking a dive I'd rather look for alternatives.

Have fun!
JuanGonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #3
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Hi,

any chance to get this great and fast device updated to lollipop?

Greets Axel
apos is offline   Reply With Quote