Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Altsheler's Stories - Please help

I'm trying to locate this book, which is listed in the Wiki. Here's the listing:

Altsheler's Stories: Most Complete Collection of Altshelers Stories Available (38 Stories). This ebook includes details of offer for free downloading (until October 1, 2013) of 49 Altsheler ebooks (EPUB, MOBI, & PDF). This ebook plus the free downloads yields 87 Altsheler titles, giving access to the most complete collection today of Altsheler's works in ebook form. Published by Richard M. Woodward (2013).

If anyone has a link to this free collection, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Don
Old 08-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Here's the link to the publisher, but I don't see an omnibus.

http://bookstore.woodwardworks.com/cgi-bin/store

PS: Woodward himself, of course, authored the Wikipedia reference. The website is from an editorial deletion.

Last edited by issybird; 08-04-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add link and background
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
If you don't mind single versions, a lot of his books are in our library here too as well as on Gutenberg.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
That brings back memories. I remember reading his Civil War series way back when I was a kid. I just downloaded all 8. I will be interested to see if they still hold my interest.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Here's the link to the publisher, but I don't see an omnibus.

http://bookstore.woodwardworks.com/cgi-bin/store

PS: Woodward himself, of course, authored the Wikipedia reference. The website is from an editorial deletion.

It looks as if he decided to sell many of them, rather than have them available for free.

Thank you for the link.

Don
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
That brings back memories. I remember reading his Civil War series way back when I was a kid. I just downloaded all 8. I will be interested to see if they still hold my interest.
The link to his site lists 29 titles that are free. I just now got them all and used epubMerge to join.

Looks very good.

Don
Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
If you don't mind single versions, a lot of his books are in our library here too as well as on Gutenberg.

Thank you.

I'll check our Library to see if I'm missing any.

Don
Old 12-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
altsheler
Member Retired
altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: none
There are now 52 ebooks (each in epub & pdf formats) of Mr. Altsheler's available free at
http://altsheler.woodwardworks.com

They are all free.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by altsheler View Post
There are now 52 ebooks (each in epub & pdf formats) of Mr. Altsheler's available free at
http://altsheler.woodwardworks.com

They are all free.

Incredible! You have the exact same name as Mr. Altsheler, but without the 'Mr.'

WOW!

ADDED: I'm busy getting all of these - they look great! --- THANK YOU!!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-15-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I had totally forgotten about the French & Indian War series and the Young Trailers Series. I read both a long, long time ago.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I'm definitely going to be picking up most of these.

Thanks!!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #12
altsheler
Member Retired
altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.altsheler is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

There are now 97 Altsheler titles available free for online viewing or downloading (EPUB|MOBI|AZW|PDF) at altsheler.woodwardworks.com
Old 01-09-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
altsheler
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm trying to locate this book, which is listed in the Wiki. Here's the listing:

Altsheler's Stories: Most Complete Collection of Altshelers Stories Available (38 Stories). This ebook includes details of offer for free downloading (until October 1, 2013) of 49 Altsheler ebooks (EPUB, MOBI, & PDF). This ebook plus the free downloads yields 87 Altsheler titles, giving access to the most complete collection today of Altsheler's works in ebook form. Published by Richard M. Woodward (2013).

If anyone has a link to this free collection, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Don
The URL you want is http://altsheler.woodwardworks.com
Old 01-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #14
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Gee, i'd never heard of these - thanks for the great recommendation.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #15
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
I became interested in the books of Altsheler. I bought an omnibus from Amazon US containing 79 of his works, it is beatifully formatted with a very good TOC and illustrated.

It was not free, but at $2.99 it is very good bargain, almost a steal.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Works...ords=altsheler
Closed Thread