Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 09:54 PM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I had an issue with an Adobe DRM'ed ebook that worked on my other Sony ereaders and with the Sony desktop software but did not work on my T1. I created a post about it but never could figure out why. With the update, this problem book now works!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #17
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Whoops. It turns out that the update broke the hack in subtle ways. But I did manage to revert to the original and then reinstall the hack.
It's safe to install the new official update on top of the Root packages without first applying the rescue update. The Reader is going to lose its SuperUser capability, which is overwritten as part of the /system partition. The SuperUser capability can be restored by applying this small update.

I added a rescue update for 1.0.03.11140 in case someone needs to restore vanilla 1.0.03.11140.

Last edited by porkupan; 12-10-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: link correction
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #18
Extragooey
Extragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Since I didn't really have many issues with the original T1 firmware. I will hold off updating it.
Extragooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:02 AM   #19
lushgreenapple
lushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Has the update fixed the page flipping issues? Can I go ahead and order one now?
lushgreenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 AM   #20
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
I haven't gotten the page flipping since the update, but as it's not even been a full day I'd wait for more testing/feedback.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #21
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lushgreenapple View Post
Has the update fixed the page flipping issues? Can I go ahead and order one now?
How do you expect anyone to know when the up-date hasn't even been out for 1 day!
Come back in a few weeks time and ask
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:32 AM   #22
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwerle View Post
I haven't gotten the page flipping since the update, but as it's not even been a full day I'd wait for more testing/feedback.
As another data point, it updated OK from my Mac. All my books and audio and images are still present and correct.

No sign yet of the touch bug, but as mwerle says, early days...

Kudos to Sony for getting the update out.

Last edited by chrisridd; 12-10-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Mis-spelled mwerle's username
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #23
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

The new firmware introduced a new bug for me. It happened that every page turn (touch) lead to a word selection until I went to the home screen and back. That was annoying. It seems Sony is not capable of delivering a bug-free PRS-T1.
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:43 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Gans View Post
The new firmware introduced a new bug for me. It happened that every page turn (touch) lead to a word selection until I went to the home screen and back. That was annoying. It seems Sony is not capable of delivering a bug-free PRS-T1.
There's no such thing as "bug-free" software. All non-trivial software has bugs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #25
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
A new Firmware? Wow, that must be the first new Firmware Sony ever released for one of there eBook reader! I thought there eBook reader where “sell and forget” products. Wonders never cease.

Quote:
Have I said lately how much I despise Sony's software???
You are not the only one.

Last edited by krischik; 12-10-2011 at 05:39 AM.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:37 AM   #26
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Gans View Post
I spent about 5 hours reading last night and didn't encounter that or any other problem.
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #27
orfeo
orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.orfeo knows the square root of minus one.

Thanks for the news! I'm gonna try the update from Sony's German website later tonight. I have to carry my T-1 with me when I go hunting for its cover. :-)
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #28
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by krischik View Post
A new Firmware? Wow, that must be the first new Firmware Sony ever released for one of there eBook reader! I thought there eBook reader where “sell and forget” products. Wonders never cease.
Not true. They released an update for the PRS-505 to support ePubs (I think it was among the first to support this format) and when they went ePub only they also updated the firmware of the old PRS-500's. I believe they also have an update for the PRS-950.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #29
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I believe they brought out a firmware patch for the PRS-350/650 series as well
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #30
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
It's safe to install the new official update on top of the Root packages without first applying the rescue update. The Reader is going to lose its SuperUser capability, which is overwritten as part of the /system partition. The SuperUser capability can be restored by applying this small update.
Thanks porkupan for all your efforts.
Sorry for asking stupid questions, but you pointed to a folder containing several packages. Which is the right one to enable su again?
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote