Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
mldavis2
Coffee Nut
mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mldavis2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3; K4PC; Calibre
Question Text from Highlights and Notes

This is not an urgent question, but I'm wondering if there might be a simple answer.

I'm using both a K3 and K4PC. I know that, when using the K3, I can highlight and save highlighted text that is placed in a separate folder in the K3 as a simple .txt file. I can then open that text file on my computer into a text editor and edit it as such.

K4PC will allow highlighted text to be saved, similar to the K3, but unless I'm missing something, it is not available on the computer as a text file. To put it another way, K4PC does not use the same folder structure as the K3 and the highlighted text is buried in one of the .mbp files or elsewhere. This makes it rather inconvenient to have to use the K3 for marking text and then switching to the computer text editor to edit the text from the K3 folder.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use K4PC directly to obtain notes suitable for text editing, or where, exactly, is the highlighted/note information kept for K4PC?

Yes, I know that Calibre can be used on non-DRM books and does support "cut" and "paste". This is really only an issue on DRM'd books.
mldavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
For things you purchase from Amazon, you can go to kindle.amazon.com to access your notes and highlights assuming you haven't turned off sync feature.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert