Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
khara.julian
khara.julian began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Question Looking for a book. Can you help me?!!!

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place. It's my first time on here! Please forgive me if I am.

I read a book a long time ago and I'm wanting to read it again but I can't remember the title or author. Here's what I remember from it:

The cover of the book is a white/silver, long haired female vampire with her arms opened to you and she's kneeling and I think she has a dress on and I think it's short and maybe a little torn up. It's the end of the world or something like it, maybe wars are going on, I don't remember. I just remember there are fires and it's hard to find food and stuff. It's about vampires and I think they turn into wolves. A guy saves the girl and takes her to a cave or something. AHHH! It's so frustrating that I can't remember it. I owned it and had it forever and I don't know what happened to it. I bought it for a quarter at the library when I was 13.
khara.julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Can you provide any more details?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
khara.julian

Nope. That's all I can think of
Old 05-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I wish I could help you, but I can't for the life of me remember something like that.

A few questions:

1) Do you think the book is classified more as a romance novel with undertones of horror?

2) Or is the book a straight horror novel?

3) If you heard some author's name - and many of us here can quote names like some quote from the Bible - would a name ring a bell with you?

4) Do you remember if the book was a very thick book in paperback?

5) Any chance you remember the publisher of this paperback?

NOW: NO MORE QUESTIONS!!

I want to welcome you to MobileRead. You'll find quite a number of "healthy" discussions, strange personalities, and "normal" people (those are the boring ones! ; in fact, some of us here - GUILTY! GUILTY! - have to control our craziness! )

Have fun looking around at the various forums.

And we have thousands of free and public domain ebooks for many popular ebook Readers. So, again, let me welcome you to MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One other thought: You might look into the Zebra and/or Pinnacle Horror novels published in the mid-80s to late 1990s.

Zebra glutted the market with some very horrendous covers. You might look at these two authors: Ruby Jean Jensen, Patricia Wallace - just two among many.

There were a large number of writers contracted with Zebra during that time, before the horror bust of 1996.

Just a thought.

Don
Old 05-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Not the book you're looking for since it was published recently but your description is very like the Jeaniene Frost book "Halfway To The Grave" Book One, Night Huntress

Cat is a half vampire, half human befreinded by a vampire and taken to a cave.

I recommend the series highly. Book 4 is due out in July 2009 & they are available at Fictionwise. (Warning - contains some erotica.)
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
khara.julian

I was digging through my closet and found the book!! It's The Last Vampire by Kathryn Meyer Griffith. I think it's more romance. It'll probably suck when I read it again.....I loved it the first time but I WAS only 13, I'll probably see it differently.
Thanks guys!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #8
khara.julian

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/...st-vampire.htm
This is it by the way!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khara.julian View Post
I was digging through my closet and found the book!! It's The Last Vampire by Kathryn Meyer Griffith. I think it's more romance. It'll probably suck when I read it again.....I loved it the first time but I WAS only 13, I'll probably see it differently.
Thanks guys!
Your task, Julian, if you accept this assignment, is to read the book and report back. [This tape will self-destruct in 30 seconds, creating a fire hazard and tons of smoke that no one else will notice because they've been told by the director not to look, because they're filming a TV series.]

Seriously: Glad you found your book. That closet must be a land that leads one into Narnia!

Don
Old 06-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
khara.julian

I accept the assignment!

Tags
vampires