Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Boa89
Boa89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
How to add a CBR on my Kobo glo?

Hello all,
so I just downloaded this CBR file (had it decompressed from winzip) but i have no clue how to open it and slide it into my kobo. Usually for ebooks I just add them to adobe digital editions but it seems like I cannot use this method for the CBR format. Do I need to download something else?
Thanks!
Boa
Boa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
CBR files are RAR archives.
CBZ files are ZIP archives.

Only difference is that the file extension is different. WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, doesn't matter which program you choose.

If the e-reader doesn't support CBR/CBZ, just extract the images and copy them to the e-reader (read the instructions).
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo Glo supports CBR. Just drop it on the device when connected or send it via calibre if you use that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The Kobo Glo supports CBR. Just drop it on the device when connected or send it via calibre if you use that.
If you use calibre be sure to ensure that CBR / CBZ are on the list of formats that the device driver will transfer.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote