Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
ebookfab
ebookfab began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS505, Sony 650, Sony PRS T1
Secure Mobipocket Decoder

Will the Mobi DEDRM work on a PC with a Vista Home Premium 64-bit operating system? It works on my 32-bit Vista PC but on my Vista 64-bit PC I keep getting an error message saying: "java is not recognized as an inernal or exernal command, operable program or batch file". Does anyone know what version of Java I need to make it work? Thanks.
Fred
ebookfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Better use mobidedrm, works everywhere where Python runs (that includes Vista 64).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
ebookfab
ebookfab began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, Sony PRS505, Sony 650, Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Better use mobidedrm, works everywhere where Python runs (that includes Vista 64).
I am using mobidedrm. It works on my Vista 32-bit but not on Vista 64-bit. I have Java Platform SE binary, version 6.0.50.13 on both PCs. Any ideas? Thanks.
ebookfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookfab View Post
I am using mobidedrm
This is a Python script, typically called mobidedrm.py, which should not need Java at all. See Visual Kindle Guide, and in particular KindlePID Vista, for how to install Python.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote