Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How Do You Permantly Remove DOCS?

I Never emailed anything to DOCS. I Have Sideloaded ebooks onto my Fire HD thru USB. I have DELETE them several times & they still keep popping up! How can I get rid of them Forever???in advance....
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Are you seeing them in your Carousel or in the actual file structure? I had the issue of some of my deleted side-loaded documents popping up on the Carousel again and I saw remnants of others when I looked at the file structure. Fully turning it off and then on again allowed the Fire to catch a clue and the documents were gone. However, if you don't want to do that, look at the files themselves when you plug it in. Are the folders still there? The documents? Delete them from there.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried all that! Delete from HardDrive... Remove via Calibre [which is how I loaded them] I even too the Fire HD back to Factory! As soon as I reset it up they all popped up again!! ugh
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I tried all that! Delete from HardDrive... Remove via Calibre [which is how I loaded them] I even too the Fire HD back to Factory! As soon as I reset it up they all popped up again!! ugh
I am wondering if going to your Kindle account online and removing them there would do it. I know they are not Amazon or Kindle books but I know you can get rid of apps you never wish to see again that way. Go to "manage your kindle" and see if they are hiding there.

Last edited by iPatty; 02-16-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: additional comment
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
At Amazon.com:

Your Account > Manage Your Kindle > Then look around under Your Kindle Library, and then click Personal Documents.

They could be in the Cloud Drive too.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Since I didnt email them they are Not in my Amazon Accounts.

I went back into the Hard Drive using the usb to pc. I tried deleting them thru Calibre again Hopefully this time they will go away LOL Org was 200 this time was about 50 so hoping I just missed them.

Another thing is IF you use Calibre to convert ebooks to MOBI you habe a great chance your ebooks Will end up in DOCs. BUT IF you convert them to AWZ3 they will go to eBooks file Not DOCs. DOCs wont reconise AWZ3. [tip]
Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Another thing is IF you use Calibre to convert ebooks to MOBI you habe a great chance your ebooks Will end up in DOCs. BUT IF you convert them to AWZ3 they will go to eBooks file Not DOCs. DOCs wont reconise AWZ3. [tip]
To avoid that, when you convert go to the "Mobi output" section and remove the PDOC tag where it says "Personal Document Tag." I had to reconvert about 20 files when I was sending stuff to my Fire, since it uses the PDOC to sort into Documents instead of Books, but I have it all squared away now and just convert with PDOC removed whenever I'm converting to Mobi. Saves me time later on.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #8
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Katie1;2426598]

Since I didnt email them they are Not in my Amazon Accounts.

If they came back after a factory reset, they have to be up there somewhere.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Agree but dont have a clue where! So far not seeing them...sigh
Old 02-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
iPatty
Zealot

Quote:
Agree but dont have a clue where! So far not seeing them...sigh
Maybe they are finally gone.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
Dragle
Dragle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire orig + HD8.9, Kindle PW
You can get rid of them by clearing the cache of your kindle reader app, under Settings--Applications.
Dragle is offline   Reply With Quote