Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
007stuart
007stuart began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Manage My Kindle Problems

I have some side loaded books on my PC and have installed Calibre.

Whenever I email any of these books using my @kindle.com address from Calibre they end up as Personal Documents in Manage My Kindle and not as Books. So when I sync my Kindle Touch and Nexus 7 (2013) they end up in in my "Docs" section. In Calibre the side loaded books are in the "MOBI" format and I using the most up to date version of Calibre.

How do I get Manage my Books to correctly allocate the emailed files to show as Books in My Kindle Library?
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You don't. Amazon is always going to put Personal Documents as Documents.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
What susan said was correct however I would like to take the discussion a little further. Kindles automatically designate anything that did not come directly from amazon as Personal Documents, thus when you emailed them to your kindle they were lbaled personal documents.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I am curious, why are you all emailing them to amazon, why not just upload them to the kindle straight from Calibre? What is the benefit of emailing them, other than they show up in the Cloud? Which to me is a major problem since Amazon automatically designates them as personal docs.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I am curious, why are you all emailing them to amazon, why not just upload them to the kindle straight from Calibre? What is the benefit of emailing them, other than they show up in the Cloud? Which to me is a major problem since Amazon automatically designates them as personal docs.
For me, the advantage of emailing them is the ability to access from any of my devices. This far outweighs the "personal" designation that I don't even notice, since I always look at "all items" in list view.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
When you email the eBook to amazon so they can add it to you cloud ...What is the adv cost per ebook?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
For me, the advantage of emailing them is the ability to access from any of my devices. This far outweighs the "personal" designation that I don't even notice, since I always look at "all items" in list view.

Shari
Thanks for answering, I guess I never bothered with that because I always keep my wifi off and download books straight from my dropbox if I want something that is not on my devices when I am out and about. For my paperwhite I keep enough books on there that I can wait until I get home to use Calibre to upload more to. I've also been pretty hesitant to email books to Amazon which I've purchased elsewhere. My philosophy was if I wanted it to show up in their cloud I would buy it from them, which I do for 95% of my books. But the other 5% I do not and I do not want their cloud to have them there.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
When you email the eBook to amazon so they can add it to you cloud ...What is the adv cost per ebook?
Don't know what the "adv" part means, but if you send the documents to your Kindle via 3G, it costs .15 per megabyte. If you send it via wi-fi, it's free.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Adverage = adv THANKS!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you mean "average"? There's no "d" in it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Oops poor spelling LOL
Old 12-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Don't know what the "adv" part means, but if you send the documents to your Kindle via 3G, it costs .15 per megabyte. If you send it via wi-fi, it's free.
Indeed.

But if you have two Kindles, as soon as you have sent it to the Wi-Fi one, it's in the cloud/ archive and you can download it to the 3G (over 3G) free.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
cant you email it to your free acct? name@free.kindle.com?
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote