Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
PRS505 on sale at Frys - $250

if anyone is interested, and lucky enough to live near one, Frys has the Sony PRS505 on sale for $250. their sale prices are typically good till tuesday which would be 7/22/08.

edit: on yeah theyre on sale on their website also - http://shop3.frys.com/product/543260...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Last edited by jamesdmanley; 07-18-2008 at 10:54 AM.
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdmanley View Post
if anyone is interested, and lucky enough to live near one, Frys has the Sony PRS505 on sale for $250. their sale prices are typically good till tuesday which would be 7/22/08.

edit: on yeah theyre on sale on their website also - http://shop3.frys.com/product/543260...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Thanks for the heads up, I wonder if this is a precursor to something???
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

i doubt it. frys is always putting things up for sale. they probably got a good deal on a massive order. i would suspect that the price will be coming down in the future though. frys does seem to be ahead of the curve in that respect
Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
jamesdmanley
Groupie

looks like today is the last day
Old 07-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
I ordered one about an hour ago. Thanks for the info!!
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #6
jamesdmanley
Groupie

hope you like it! im holding out on upgrading my 500 for the time being.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
jamesdmanley
Groupie

bump. the sale is back
Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #8
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered one, $260 to the door with 2-day delivery. (Had just decided to give one to my sis for her birthday and was gonna check out the Sony store here, but this is a lot cheaper and almost as fast with less hassle.) Great timing!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
jamesdmanley
Groupie

indeed. im thinking hard about replacing my 500. i really shouldnt because i have school coming up soon and money has been funny.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #10
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
My 505 (a gift) just arrived by DHL. Great deal, $260 with 2-day delivery! Thanks for the heads-up!!!!!!!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
jamesdmanley
Groupie

glad to help!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #12
jamesdmanley
Groupie

bump. the deal is back till 9.2.08. online price is $240
Old 08-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #13
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdmanley View Post
bump. the deal is back till 9.2.08. online price is $240
Thanks James! I was just in Vegas and was eyeing a customer returned 505 for $280 at the Fry's there. Glad I put it back on the shelf!

This deal let's me keep my 500 for only $40 (compared to a trade-in at the Sony site).
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
jamesdmanley
Groupie

glad to help