Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Good fanfic

I know alot of people on here enjoy the fan fic stuff, and I'm REALLY skeptical about it, but looking for a decent entry into say the Criminal Minds universe or the Fallout video game universe.

Does anyone have any recommendations, and I can download them to put on my Kindle rather than just reading online?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I know alot of people on here enjoy the fan fic stuff, and I'm REALLY skeptical about it, but looking for a decent entry into say the Criminal Minds universe or the Fallout video game universe.

Does anyone have any recommendations, and I can download them to put on my Kindle rather than just reading online?
There is a plugin with Calibre that helps with the downloading of Fanfic. I believe it is called FanFicDownloader or something really close. You should be able to grab it in the Plugin section of the Calibre forum.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
That's what I was looking for....thank you.

Now to just look for decent fan fic.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
My philosophy with fanfic is like most of the internet. There's some great, fantastic stuff out there, but there's also HUGE piles of rubbish.
Good luck though, I've found some great stuff for some of the TV series that I watch.
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Although I used to love watching "Criminal Minds", I only read a couple of fan fiction stories.

However, one of the sites that I like for fanfic recommendations is Crack Van on livejournal where people leave recommendations for fan fiction from various fandoms. They usually have a description, a link and a review. If the story is on a site called Archive of Our Own you can go there and download the story in mobi format.

Last edited by Mikou; 01-26-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote