Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Thriller - The Dark Tide

This one has been out a while, but both my wife and I really enjoyed it. Have a look at my review below.

Andrew Gross is perhaps better known for his collaborative work with James Patterson rather than in his own right. This might change after this book however. His style does echo some of Pattersons, but he renders his characters much more believable and sympathetic as well as adding a more modern flavour to his storylines.

A quality page-turner, the book revolves around the death of a hedge-fund manager in a terorist bombing and his wife's struggle to deal with his death and its emotional and financial aftermath. Murder, suspense, fear and romance are all entangled into an incredibly rich and varied plot that constantly suprises the reader. Travelling from international trade and intrigue to deeply intense personal moments, this novel carries its reader effortlessly. Gross is already a master at stringing the reader along, spoonfeeding just enough information to entwine you in the story.

Overall this is an excellent read, a book you will find hard to put down that contains moments and emotions that will live long in the memory. The only criticism I would have is that I felt the central romance was a little forced, but thats a small complaint overall.

Only his second book, this humble reviewer suggests that Mr Gross will be around for quite some time in the top tier of suspense writers.

Buy the eBook here: Directebooks
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote