Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #1396
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There, I think I am done editing that post or at least I have it down to something civil.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #1397
mcinnocent
Enthusiast
mcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kindle4NT
Is it possible to install Duokan on a new Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.6.x? No jailbreak.
mcinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #1398
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnocent View Post
Is it possible to install Duokan on a new Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.6.x? No jailbreak.
They evidently don't support Duokan installation over the serial port.
See the links I posted above (and if you read Chinese, give us a link to the directions for manual Duokan installation if you find them).
Old 04-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #1399
mcinnocent
Enthusiast
mcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enoughmcinnocent will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kindle4NT
this is the main problem with Duokan, they only speak chinese, no support in english :-(
mcinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #1400
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinnocent View Post
this is the main problem with Duokan, they only speak chinese, no support in english :-(
Google translate does, and the last link to their jb status report is via google translate.
Google translate will follow your clicking of pages at miui.com

Here it is again, if I didn't break it:
https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

Last edited by knc1; 04-04-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #1401
Artik
Artik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We had observed that Doukan would not install with the MR Jailbreak installed (at least on models more recent than the K3).

And of course, our SS hack will not install without the MR Jailbreak.

I don't recall anyone trying to just remove the MR Jailbreak (leaving the SS hack working) and then trying to install Doukan.

That seems a rather convoluted way to shoot yourself in the foot, but thanks for the report anyway.
[/rant]
Sorry, you're misreading me. On K3G I successfully installed Duokan ON TOP of the latest NiLuJe jailbreak. The only thing I had to remove was the SS hack - and even that proved to be overkill, because in the end the conflict was caused specifically by cover mode - probably its activity during boot. I could just switch it to basic mode and not touch anything else in my installation. In fact, the cover mode doesn't even prevent Duokan from installing - just from booting. So, you could have jailbreak, SS hack, keys pack, KUAL, launchpad, everything, then install Duokan through KUAL, and the only thing needed to run it after that is to disable SS cover mode.
Artik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #1402
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Artik: Huh. That's... weird, cover mode isn't doing much more at boot than what the SS hack does without. On the other hand, I have no idea how Duokan hooks into the boot process on legacy FWs, so, who knows ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #1403
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
We had observed that Doukan would not install with the MR Jailbreak installed (at least on models more recent than the K3).

[...]

Meanwhile, on the Asian Jailbreak development front:

[...]

If I understand the translated post - to show that we have packages working for 5.6.x
Plus a complaint that the MR Installer thread does not include a 5.6.x software jailbreak.
(shame on you NiLuJe)
Which is getting a little bit more blatant than usual, even for Doukan.

[...]

I am in no hurry to make the serial port jailbreak process easier for those without soldering skills.
Quote:
There, I think I am done editing that post or at least I have it down to something civil.
Oh, come on, tell us how you really feel.

Oh, Duokan!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:27 AM   #1404
lubab
lubab began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Hi,
I have PW2 v.5.6.1
Is it possible to downgrade it to V 4.3 for example in order to install a duokan?

Thank you
lubab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:16 AM   #1405
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubab View Post
Hi,
I have PW2 v.5.6.1
Is it possible to downgrade it to V 4.3 for example in order to install a duokan?

Thank you
No.

That attempt would show error code 12 ("Downgrade Attack" - Lab126's name for it).
Old 04-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #1406
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Keep in mind it is possible to manually reflash the partition images by rebooting into diags mode -- see: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/

That is a rather extreme solution, also you still need to be previously jailbroken.

Probably easier to install KOReader.

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-12-2015 at 10:21 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #1407
nosmokingbandit
nosmokingbandit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G B006
Forgive me for being a complete noob, but I'm lost on how to install this on my Kindle 3g. I understand the instructions, but I can't find any of the actual files needed. It seems like everything is fairly outdated at this point.

I have a Kindle 3g (B006) that is jailbroken. What do I do next?
nosmokingbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #1408
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmokingbandit View Post
I understand the instructions, but I can't find any of the actual files needed.
links for latest versions here:
(you can get the latest one via first link in the first post. development seems to be paused so you may need it anyway. )

http://www.miui.com/thread-1991341-1-1.html
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:33 PM   #1409
wyoming
wyoming began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
development seems to be paused
just got an ota-update on my K4 NT

Last edited by wyoming; 05-19-2015 at 02:35 PM.
wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #1410
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming View Post
just got an ota-update on my K4 NT
That is support of a release version, not **development**
When they post a version for any of the i.MX6 based devices, that would be **development**.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf