Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile G.A. Russell wins "Become A Member" Contest

Dear All:

The winner of the new EZ Reader 6 inch Basic is G.A. Russell (garussell2001)... one of our favorite posters on our Astak Dedicated Forum.

The name was indeed pulled out of a hat (random number generator) by our Renegade Intern (Jenifer) and she has sent an email out to G.A. to claim the prize.

This was a very easy contest that ended last Friday and all you had to do was become a free member at: www.EZread.com.

Of course, the EZ Reader Basic is new, comes with the crush-resistant case, ear buds, charger, USB cable, and wrist leash and the famous screwdriver.

Do not worry if you did not win! We are already designing another contest in celebration of Spring. It will be up shortly!!

Congradulations, G.A.!! It pays to be a member of our eBook Store!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Congrats GA Russell on your win.

Looking forward to the next comp, *hopefully* my luck would have increased by then
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Hooray! Thanks Robert!

I don't know very much about the Basic, so I'll look forward to studying up on it.

This will be my first eInk device. I will compare its screen with my JBL's TFT screen over the course of a few books, and then report back to all here at MR what I think about the differences between the two.

Looking forward to receiving it! Thanks!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, GA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Hooray! Thanks Robert!

I don't know very much about the Basic, so I'll look forward to studying up on it.

This will be my first eInk device. I will compare its screen with my JBL's TFT screen over the course of a few books, and then report back to all here at MR what I think about the differences between the two.

Looking forward to receiving it! Thanks!
Dear GL:

You will find the E-Ink screen on the Basic is so much better. It reads great in bright sunlight or shade, is far easier on the eyes, and gets about 3 novels to a charge.

Please charge it 10-12 hours when you receive it. Even though the light turns green... keep charging. DO the latest firmware upgrade for the 6 inch when you receive it. Because it is computer specific, we can not do that for you.

Read the FAQ sheet on www.theEZreader.com/html under "support". That will help you a lot with all sorts of good info!

I am very, very happy for you!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Congratulations, GA Russell!!!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
...and she has sent an email out to G.A. to claim the prize.
Robert, I didn't receive the email today. I'll look for it tomorrow!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Congrats Mr Russel
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Yay grats!
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF

CONGRATULATIONS, GA Russell
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:09 AM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

By the way, there are two things I would like an eBook reader to do that my jetBook Lite cannot.

The first is to jump from the Table of Contents to the start of each chapter.

The second is to borrow books from the library, I suppose using Overdrive.

How does the EZ Reader basic stack up in this regard?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
With TOC, I know with epubs if the TOC has been generated (all books I have bought have a TOC, and this can be done with Calibre when converting a non-drm file to epub) works an absolute charm. Depending on how the file was created you may see the list of chapters are the start of the epub, or by pressing the Menu button, then '4' (Goto Catalog) you can select your chapter and away you go.

Unfortunately I can't say how well borrowed books work, never borrowed (only libraries here in Aus that offer ebook borrowing are interstate and I can't get a library account with them).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #12
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Congrats G.A. Russell!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
Robertb

She did email to what I have as your correct email

Quote:
Robert, I didn't receive the email today. I'll look for it tomorrow!
Dear GA:

It did go out to: garussell2001@

Can you send me a PM with your mailing address and full name and she can send immediately? Let us simplify this.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

PM sent!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #15
Robertb

Got it!!

Quote:
PM sent!
Dear GA:

Got your PM and it is shipping out. Ruby also sent you an email to get this done.

Last edited by Robertb; 05-11-2010 at 07:20 PM.