Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
whereimnot
whereimnot began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD 7"
Problems converting Nook HD

I'm trying to convert a graphic novel to work on my Nook HD, but there doesn't seem to be a setting for it. There is the HD+ setting, but that turns out too big (doesn't fit the screen)

I can't find any setting for the resolution of the regular Nook HD 7" (1440x900). Is there a way to input custom resolutions? Or am I just missing something...

Thanks.
whereimnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It doesn't matter if the images are too large, your device should resize them automatically. Just choose the tablet profile in calibre and your images will not be resized at all during conversion. Let the resizing happen on the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
whereimnot

Thanks for the reply, but the resizing doesn't work on the device.

I've tried many different options and there's never anything that fits the screen.

I just tried what you suggested (the tablet profile) and the end result was a graphic novel that doesn't fit the page. No auto resizing.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Question

What format are you trying to use for both input and output?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
whereimnot

CBR to EPUB. I'm new to this ebook game, but it seems EPUB is the most widely used.
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look under Comic Input in the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
whereimnot

So I did some tinkering in the Comic Input section and found a mostly-fitting custom resolution.

Any idea why the comics won't resize automatically? The cover image seems to always fit the screen... but the rest of the pages never would.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:10 AM   #8
stingycrash
stingycrash began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Hd
Hi Whereimnot, I'm having the exact same problem, any chance you'll share your tinkering process?
stingycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
whereimnot

I actually downloaded a different program after learning the Nook HD could read .cbz files.

Try ComicRack for comics specifically.