Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Bookmark glitch

The book I'm currently reading is sometimes losing its bookmark when I power down the Nook. When I power up the Nook and go to the Home screen, I see the book as my last read item and it's on page 1. It also happens when I'm in settings and use the go to book icon on the upper right hand corner. If I go to the library and access the book there, it'll take me to my last page read.

The loss of the bookmark happened once to the previous book I was reading as well.

Anyone else experience this?
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Here is thread about the problem and how to fix it if you have a rooted nook touch
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1467429
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Dope, but I have not rooted my Nook nor do I plan to. The discussion was a little too technical for me but am I correct in understanding this bookmark issue is a known glitch for the Nook?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
The book I'm currently reading is sometimes losing its bookmark when I power down the Nook. When I power up the Nook and go to the Home screen, I see the book as my last read item and it's on page 1. It also happens when I'm in settings and use the go to book icon on the upper right hand corner. If I go to the library and access the book there, it'll take me to my last page read.

The loss of the bookmark happened once to the previous book I was reading as well.

Anyone else experience this?
Unless you are not using the Nook for weeks, there is no reason to turn it off. Just let it go to sleep. That is the way you are supposed to use it.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
This happed to me, my touch is unrooted, I use calibre, I removed all the books off my touch and re-installed them, it`s worked fine since.

John.
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
dkelly701
dkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animalsdkelly701 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Nook
I had something similar. The cause of my problem was the way I sideloaded my books with Calibre. The solution was to delete all of the books on my Nook and add them again. The problem occurs when you connect your Nook to your computer. Before connecting your Nook, make sure that it is on the Home screen. Since I began doing this, no more problems.
dkelly701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
tdonline
Addict

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I did recently start using Caliber to sideload books so I can see why this issue popped up.