Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #46
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I could have sworn I posted I had finished this already. I can't find it, though. No telling what I clicked.

Well, I finished this by listening to the audio (free librivox) version. Much better to listen to than to read it. Not one of my favorite books, but glad that I finished it. Part III was better than part I or part II, but still slow going. The ending was a bit much and even more hard to believe than the whole story before it.

Maybe, I was not in the right frame of mind to fully enjoy the story.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #47
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Not one of my favorite books, but glad that I finished it. Part III was better than part I or part II, but still slow going. The ending was a bit much and even more hard to believe than the whole story before it.

Maybe, I was not in the right frame of mind to fully enjoy the story.
My thoughts exactly, but you are much more eloquent about telling it than I.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #48
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I bluddy finished it last night.
Congratulations on finishing the book
I'm taking a break for any more Jules books for a while so I'm with you next book will be 39 step.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #49
cu_cannon
cu_cannon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Finished it!!

I thought it was good. It did take a bit to get thought. I'm an engineer so I liked the technical stuff but I agree that it did become long winded at times.

Spoiler:
I just read 20,000 leagues so the twist was very predictable.

The end was somewhat abrupt and I would have liked to see more of an epilogue. Overall it was an enjoyable read.
cu_cannon is offline   Reply With Quote