Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
KM Shortcut on boot

I know this might be on like a gazillion different places, but can anyone point out how I can run the shortcut.sh script from kindlemenu (and a few others) on boot? I tried /etc/upstart/pillow.conf, hooking it on to NiLuJe's SS hack, etc.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Doesn't dos1 event thingy have a hook on framework start?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Doesn't dos1 event thingy have a hook on framework start?
Ill look. But I need pillow load, not framework start. Are they the same?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka
[...] However, it should possible to add new Upstart job definition (into /etc/init) for running that shell script right after (re)starting pillow. Something like /etc/init/pillow_local_mod.conf (not tested at all!!): [...]
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
aditya3098
Guru

I managed to get it to hook on to the screensaver stuff. Turns out I put my code after the return 0.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Curious - what do you have to run at screensaver? an Xscreensaver module?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
Curious - what do you have to run at screensaver? an Xscreensaver module?
The kindlemenu stuff, and some other pillow hacks. By ss, I mean the screensaver hack.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Aditya: unless you check manually software updates codes every time, I don't recommend you to add an upstart job... if any script loaded from it got seriously bugged, maybe you could risk to brick your device. Moreover, when the framework restarts you will lose again some mods, so this wouldn't solve all the problems in any case. In my opinion, the best thing is to create a comprehensive, simple bash script to launch from kual when needed, that initializes all the stuff you need
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Aditya: unless you check manually software updates codes every time, I don't recommend you to add an upstart job... if any script loaded from it got seriously bugged, maybe you could risk to brick your device. Moreover, when the framework restarts you will lose again some mods, so this wouldn't solve all the problems in any case. In my opinion, the best thing is to create a comprehensive, simple bash script to launch from kual when needed, that initializes all the stuff you need
I didnt add an upstart job. And yes, I mannually check EVERY update. Since 5.1.0. That was the first blast of DESTRUCTIVE.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #10
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Aditya: unless you check manually software updates codes every time, I don't recommend you to add an upstart job... if any script loaded from it got seriously bugged, maybe you could risk to brick your device.
Note, however, that aditya3098 has KT, so he's possibly know about Kubrick.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Kubrick? What's that? I just have a shell script that automatically blasts the storage, and then installs a recent backup, and restores all my kual stuff, books (they are these thing that have text in them, kind of like documentation), and other misc stuff.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I used kubrick just yesterday, Utterly frozen device. Fix in 5 or 6 mins.
rmmod -f fundamental modules and switching in the wrong one. Bad idea. :P
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Ah yes you are right

Quote:
Kubrick? What's that? I just have a shell script that automatically blasts the storage, and then installs a recent backup, and restores all my kual stuff, books (they are these thing that have text in them, kind of like documentation), and other misc stuff.
You could safely try with Eureka method then!
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote