Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #76
paww
Connoisseur
paww began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
That would explain, the reason I'm after the ID changer is so I can get the market working as continual side-loading is getting tiresome. Was having issues doing it the traditional way with push commands (couldn't solve my issue nor could anyone else by the looks of responses)
paww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #77
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by paww View Post
That would explain, the reason I'm after the ID changer is so I can get the market working as continual side-loading is getting tiresome. Was having issues doing it the traditional way with push commands (couldn't solve my issue nor could anyone else by the looks of responses)
I have never been able to update the gls.db through the push command. So here is my work around:

1. get the gls.db from your IQ to your PC using the pull command

2. Download SQLite Database Browser from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

3. Insert the Android ID into your gls.db file and save it to .../platform-tools/

Quote:
adb push gls.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases
5. Now pull and build the modified build.prop as per instruction on your PC

Quote:
adb push build.prop /system
7. Reboot

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-24-2011 at 09:10 AM. Reason: correct spelling errors
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #78
sketcher
sketcher began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Thanks for posting this.

First time I'm doing something with android.

I used "Experimental Firmware 20110118.1: Add custom JIT (Icewyng) (requires factory reset)" And with the help of the guide I got the market running also, wasnt exactly accurate anymore prob. outdated a bit but everything works and is running smooth!

Next step is trying to get a2sd running but that shouldn't be a big problem I think.

Keep up the good work!

Edit:

I got a2sd installed after some trouble with my sd.
I do get a msg saying my phone memory is almost full. It does say it has 800MB free space so im puzzeld why i get the msg.

If anyone knows how to get rid of that plz let me know.

Last edited by sketcher; 01-24-2011 at 09:08 PM.
sketcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #79
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #80
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

The Market stalls during downloads. It just says "starting download..." What is the reason for this?

I've already entered the ID with:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='HIDDENHERE' where name='androidId'";

and then i tried:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='HIDDENHERE' where name='PocketBook'";

using: Experimental Firmware 20110118.1: Add custom JIT

Edit: ok nvd, I fixed it.

I regenerated the AndriodID, apparently the one I generated before was screwed up somehow. it was the last thing I would suspect.

Last edited by jessie102; 01-25-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #81
jessie102
Addict

How do I get back the easy to use Pocketbook interface? I've installed every pdk except the sdk, what is that suppose to do?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #82
jessie102
Addict

no one wants to get it back?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #83
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
How do I get back the easy to use Pocketbook interface? I've installed every pdk except the sdk, what is that suppose to do?
I have no idea how to get that first page back. That page just adds one extra step to using the IQ.

That page is not particularly useful if you plan to use other readers like aldiko, coolreader, moon+ reader etc.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #84
jessie102
Addict

is it possible to zoom pdfs in aldiko?

ans: yes it is

Last edited by jessie102; 01-26-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #85
jessie102
Addict

how does one get Google Contacts and Calendar on?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #86
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
how does one get Google Contacts and Calendar on?
No one has been able to get these to work.

Cheers
Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 AM   #87
Kalivan
Kalivan began at the beginning.

Hi.

I am a new propietary of this good Android tablet and I want to agree to the comunity by the great efford that you do.

Especial thanks to Coredump-EE by the repack and to hiaig and Icewyng for their experience. I am learning a lot with you xD.
Kalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #88
Kalivan
Kalivan began at the beginning.

Right now I have the last Experimental Firmware 20110118.1: Add custom JIT (Icewyng) running very good.

Gmail an Gtalk are working good.
The Android ID was introduced with a little problems but now the Market is working very well.
I use a 2Gig microSD
1st Partition: Primary/FAT32/~1800Mb
2nd Partition: Primary/EXT3/~200MB

I partitioned the ext3 wit Gparted Live Cd

But I have a problem with de a2sd.

Reading the tutorial of the set up and as the a2sd is right now in the directory /system/xbin my first command was this:
* adb shell chmod 755 /system/xbin/a2sd

But I have this response:
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/a2sd: Read-only file system

I don´t understand this because i can enter with root explorer and change the permissions.

If I type:
* adb shell
* $ a2sd setup
I have:
$ a2sd setup
$: not found

Please someone that can give me a hand xD

Thanks and Greetings.
Kalivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #89
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalivan View Post
I don´t understand this because i can enter with root explorer and change the permissions.

If I type:
* adb shell
* $ a2sd setup
I have:
$ a2sd setup
$: not found
adb is done on your PC and not through your root explorer. There are a number of threads on the forum showing how adb is installed. Look at the IQ Market working thread to start.

Cheers
Old 01-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #90
hiaig
Addict

Coredump-EE,
I was looking through some of the sites to learn a bit about extracting and packaging ".img".

My question is whether the system.img is independent of the other images in the ROM. That is if I make changes to the system.img, do I need to make corresponding changes to the other images?

Secondly, If I add or remove apks from the app folder in system.img, do I need to make corresponding changes in other folders within the system.img?

Thanks