Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Kakaze
Kakaze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
InDesign > ePub> Mobi problem

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere before. I've been searching for a solution but I don't know exactly how to search for what's going on and haven't found anything relevant from what I have searched.

So, here's the problem: I used InDesign to convert an HTML document into an InDesign book. When I use Indy to save as an ePub the ePub file shows everything just as it should be so there's actually no problem there.

The problem comes from one of the styles I set up for blockquotes in the text. In Indy, on an 8.5x11 page, the blockquotes have a space of .75 inches on the right and left side. This translates correctly to the ePub version but, as I want to read this on my Kindle I have to then convert from ePub to mobi. When I convert to mobi, everything looks fine except for those blockquotes.

Instead of having space on either side of the blockquote they have absolutely no space on the right and too much space on the left. Both Calibre and the Kindle show this same behaviour.

Is there a way to fix this?

Mobi is on the left and ePub on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.png
Views:	395
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	28325  
Kakaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC MOBI doesn't support block quotes, so no
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Kakaze
Kakaze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Bugger.

I thought I had a Kindle book that had a blockquote in it but I went back and turns out they just italicised it and made it smaller than the normal text. And, I had forgotten, after that passage the rest of the text in the book for several chapters was at the smallest size too until it suddenly went back to the normal size I had chosen for my kindle.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to italicise the block quotes then. Damn, I wish Amazon would add ePub support to the Kindle.

Thanks!
Kakaze is offline   Reply With Quote