Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #1
SteveB
SteveB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi from a new Hanlin V3 Owner

Hi, (from Australia)

I got a Hanlin V3 a couple of weeks ago but knew nothing about the Mobileread site until I was searching for some info on the Wolf ebook format.

Would have been good to have viewed the hardware comparison matrix first but even so I would still probably got the same device.
The iRex iLiad looks interesting (8" screen about perfect) but expensive!
The rest are awash with propriatary formats and DRM so I won't even consider such. (Kindle - great concept but they own your wallet!)

Maybe one day if the new DRM free MP3 sites suggest that DRM free eBook equivalents are OK I'll consider online purchases but the thought of a PC virus/crash/corruption (or ebook store closure) wiping out my purchases just doesn't interest me.

I've been looking for a long time for a suitable reading device and was considering a tablet PC (or a big PDA but my eyes just aren't up to fine fonts, old age is a curse!). Battery time and weight made me hold off here.

I have to say the V3 is quite good even if its s/w is still a bit clunky. They do seem to be releasing regular updates and seem responsive to several suggestions I made regarding reducing some of the clunkiness required to operate it.

Overall I'm very pleased with it and the future 10" V9 model looks wicked!
If they get the reading s/w good enough I'd get one for my work documents so I don't have to carry prints with me.

Steve
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Welcome to MobileRead!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Glad you found us here. There is an amazing wealth of info in the wiki and the forums.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote