Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #196
archiegoodwin
archiegoodwin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
It's all Golden

Held off on the Golden Allmine update for a long time. Afraid I might brick my Edge. Finally took the plunge. Fantastic. Total access to Google Play. Many, many thanks. It's a crime that the Pocket Edge had such a short life span. With access to Google Play it is such a nifty device. Tablet on one side, E-Reader on the other side. Handwritten notes. It's terrific. If the owners had continued to upgrade the hardware and software, and marketed it aggressively, it could have lived for years to come. Anyway, thanks for the Golden Allmine!

Archie
archiegoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #197
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
if the company would have a open approach and open the development to community and provide SDK and also bringing edge 2 with allwinner cpu, hdmi out (there is a Chinese tablet will all winner cpu and hdmi out , full flash 11 hd acceleration that i purchased in UK for £49 inc vat and delivery) would have kept the concept live and the company would have thrived.
but they decided to close the development hence the results.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #198
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Time's up... :(

Thanks everyone for the testing and feedback!

In the last year my work/life situation did not leave me with much time and energy to work on the PE, and now it is clear that I won't have much in the future either. So I think it is time to thank everyone for their help. I've seen there have been other developments and the community is still ongoing, which is nice, as the PE is a very neat device.

If anybody wants to take over maintenance of the Golden Allmine, please feel free to do so (adding the fix to use other apps in the e-ink screen would be nice). I don't think I'll be reading the forum often, but you can contact me using my nickname as email address at the gmail.com domain.

Thanks again to everyone, and I am glad that my little project was useful to other people (I still have it in my seldom used PE ).

Pablo.
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #199
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Wow, this was a great contribution! Thank you again for everything. Best wishes in your future endeavors.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #200
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
shame to see pablob gone. but life happens. thanks again for the best rom and best partition around
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #201
Gremalkin
Gremalkin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Thank you, pablob, for all your hard work. I just did this update in the past week and absolutely love it!

I have some minor issues, probably user related, but will post another thread after I do some more searching. :-)

Thanks again!
Gremalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #202
Chevalier529
Chevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enoughChevalier529 will become famous soon enough

Device: EnTourage Edge Pocket
Pablob,
Your upgrades to the PE have taken my device to a level I hadn't otherwise imagined--opening me to the marketplace gave me an advantage given its ereader accommpaniment. I oftentimes had strangers come up to me query my unusual dual device wanting such for a loved one. I was pleased to tell them about MobileReads and all the incredible gains you and others have contributed to making what it is today. Here's to your successes in the many endeavors ahead! Thank you for all your time and talents afforded us! Your absence will be remarkable. Regards/Chevalier//
Chevalier529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #203
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
yes, many thanks to you pablob - golden allmine (so, thanks also to ktwombley!) is perhaps the best thing to happen to the PE!!!
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #204
melgendy3
melgendy3 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge
My Firmware is downgrade after update

My Firmware is downgrade after update to GOLDEN ERMINE how can i reinstall a firmware pls
melgendy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #205
melgendy3

MY update log

[mod: 1.46MB and 26000+ lines of log file converted to an attachment]
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.txt.zip (79.1 KB, 379 views)

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #206
melgendy3

Pablob pls help

This is the first time to work on these devices
During the upgrade the screen was black and waited 15 minutes and remained so
I took out the battery and re-enter
my device is Died no anything Just power and black screen
Is there a way to install system of emergency or anything
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip update.log.zip (79.5 KB, 366 views)

Last edited by melgendy3; 07-04-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #207
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
melgendy3, did you use the PE Allmine on your EE? If so you need to search this forum to find the way to recover and get back to the Ermine version for the EE.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #208
melgendy3

Thanks ivanjt

yes i use the PE Allmine on my EE
i search in this forum to find the way to recover and get back to the Ermine version for the EE and I failed
I have tried over and over again to upgrade again but the device stops at the black screen does not respond to any command
Is there a way to an emergency through the PC cable Are there other buttons to make the upgrade
Please help is necessary
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #209
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
There may be a way that does not require you to open your EE to fit a serial cable. I think Burgher mentioned using a special build built without system checking in a post in one of the threads. Unfortunately I don't have time to look for it at the moment, sorry.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #210
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
melgendy3
So what you did was try to install pablob's Golden Allmine on the full-size EE? If yes, that was definitely a very stupid thing to do considering all those CAPS and bold warnings in the first post.

The Ermine update image that ivanjt refers to is the "nochecks" update by emusan:
http://somestupidwebsite.com/downloa...ate.golden.zip

It's basically the same Ermine update file but it has the lines responsible for checking the type of target device commented out in the update script. So it might sort you out, it usually does on messed-up systems. But if not you'll have to make it through the serial connection solution to get your EE working.

Also, Golden Allmine for EE is in the works. ;-)
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote