Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Free SF/Fantasy September,2011 WebScription Gift Thread

I'm going to buy the September 2011 Baen webscription package shortly. When I do, I'll be able to also give it as a gift to anyone who hasn't already registered at the webscription web site.

If you are already a webscription customer, this offer does not apply to you.

The great thing about this offer is that the person who receives the gift can also gift the webscription to another person when they redeem their coupon.

The September webscription consists of seven complete multi-format, DRM-Free, ebooks of Science fiction and Fantasy from Baen Books:

Into the Hinterlands (Forthcoming) by David Drake and John Lambshead
Rogue (Forthcoming) by Michael Z. Williamson
The Crystal Variation (Forthcoming) by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
Countdown: M Day (Forthcoming) by Tom Kratman
Young Flandry by Poul Anderson
Ragnarok by Patrick A. Vanner
The Golden Shield of IBF (Forthcoming) by Jerry & Sharon Ahern

(The list price for this WebScription is $18.00 USD)

Note: Books marked (Forthcoming) are not yet published.
  • For those books:
  • 1/2 of the book will be available ~June 15th
  • 3/4 of the book will be available ~July 15
  • the full book in all formats, will be available ~August 15th.
Final versions of the books are available in all major formats, and are DRM-Free. Partial, early access versions are HTML only.

INSTRUCTIONS
Post a comment in this thread, stating that you'd like to get this webscription package when you sign up at webscription.net. Do not sign up at webscription.net yet.

I will edit this message, adding people to the list below. Once you see your username on the list, send a private message with your email address (needed for the gift webscription process) to the person above you in the list. This email address can not be one that has registered on WebScriptions before.

I will buy the webscription month and use the email address I've received for the gift webscription. That person will receive an email from the webscriptions website, giving them a code to redeem their gift.
Once they have the redeem code, they use the email addresss sent to them by the next person on the list when redeeming their gift.
And so on....

I'll try to keep track of things by editing this message and in private messages with participants. We can usually manage several gift months before things break down, usually through over-zealous spam filters.
(Hint: If you want to be part of this chain, watch your junk email. IME, the email from WebScriptions will end up there approximately 25% of the time. )

Short Instructions:
Add a comment/reply. Wait until your username appears on the list below. Send your email address to the person above you on the list.

Gift chain so far:
============
CRussel - Complete
askyn - Complete
arlittle - Complete
kjm00 - Complete
brianisme - Complete
phant01 - Code Sent
user_none - next up, email sent to phant01
ATDrake - waiting, email sent to user_none
gjferren1 - added
artifact - added

(Free ebooks with retail price of $90* complete so far, assuming phant01 got his free subscription.)
* at $18 per webscription.

Thanks and karma to pdurrant for the format of this offer. Much better than I could have done on my own.

Last edited by CRussel; 06-27-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: update list
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Please count me in .. I will send you a PM with the email address to use.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code sent to askyn. Waiting on next...
Old 05-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
arlittell
arlittell began at the beginning.

Device: archos 70
Can I be next?
arlittell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #5
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
code sent to arlittell, order completed
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
arlittell

Code received and ready for the next person
Old 05-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
kjm00
kjm00 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader and my Blackberry (Mobipocket)
Please may I have the next dance?

Could I be next? Thanks in advance.
kjm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm00 View Post
Could I be next? Thanks in advance.
Send IM to arlittell with the email address to use, and when you get the free code from him, post here and wait for the next person.

And thanks for playing!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #9
arlittell

code used and sent on to kjm. Thanks OP, I'm gonna read the crap outta these.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #10
kjm00
kjm00 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader and my Blackberry (Mobipocket)
OK, I'm up -- send your email address to me via PM, etc.
kjm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Waiting...

@kjm00 -- I'd suggest waiting at least over the weekend to see if we have any more takers. Most of the books are fairly far out, so it shouldn't be a big hardship.

Thanks,
Old 05-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
brianisme
brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!brianisme is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
can you please put me on the list, please

thank you in advance Brian

Last edited by brianisme; 05-22-2011 at 01:28 AM.
brianisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
CRussel
(he/him/his)

You really shouldn't post your address out in public, brianisme. Instead, please send it to the person above you on the list (kjm00) in a Private Message. Then when you get the email from kjm00, you get to wait a bit to see if there's anyone else who wants in on the free books.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #14
phant01
phant01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Paperwhite
Hi, Can I get in on this too?

Thanks
phant01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #15
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant01 View Post
Hi, Can I get in on this too?

Thanks
Sure. Send your email to brianisme in a PM. He'll "buy" his book with the code from kjm00 and send a code to you for the yours. You then wait until you hear from the next person, whomever that may be. Etc.

Tags
drm free, fantasy, free, sci-fi, webscription