Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Where'd the Sync Button Go?

I open up my eBook Library software ( version 2.5.00.09170) and the sync button no longer shows up in the view area on the left hand side when my 505 is connected. Anybody ever have this problem?

Last edited by MickeyC; 01-25-2009 at 09:46 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
cassidym, I just opened up my library software (same version as yours). In the sync source view, the sync button is on the lower right side.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the quick response Seabound. Unfortunately, it's not there on mine. I even tried connecting my 505 to another laptop which also has the eBook library on it but got the same results; no sync button.

I can see, in the Help Guide, where the Sync button is supposed to be but, for some reason it isn't showing in mine. I can manually move books over to the reader but don't have the Sync option. Go figure
Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Thanks for the quick response Seabound. Unfortunately, it's not there on mine. I even tried connecting my 505 to another laptop which also has the eBook library on it but got the same results; no sync button.

I can see, in the Help Guide, where the Sync button is supposed to be but, for some reason it isn't showing in mine. I can manually move books over to the reader but don't have the Sync option. Go figure
How about a screen shot?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

lilac_jive, I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know how to attach a screen shot to a thread. Would appreciate some advice
Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
lilac_jive, I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know how to attach a screen shot to a thread. Would appreciate some advice
I'm sure there is a better way, but I just click CTRL-Print Scrn (button on upper right of keyboard, above F10 on my keyboard), then open MS Paint, then click Edit, paste. Then just save it as a JPEG or something and attach to thread.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

How do I attached something to a thread?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #8
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cassidym, here's what the library software should look like in sync source view (see attachment). Basically, you have to click on A (sync) on the left panel to get to the sync source view, and then the sync button shows up (C) on the lower right.

To attach a file, click on the paperclip which appears on the top menu while you're in the advanced editing mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony_sync.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	22051  
Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Here's the screen shot of my eBook Library main screen. As you can see, there is no Sync button.
Attached Files
File Type: doc eBookLibraryScreenshot.doc (93.0 KB, 293 views)
Old 01-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Here's the screen shot of my eBook Library main screen. As you can see, there is no Sync button.
Mine looks exactly like that, which is probably why I was thinking "Sync button? What sync button?" Can you try Seabound's instructions?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Cassidym, judging from your image, you have not clicked on the "sync" tab on the left panel yet (which is "A" on the image I uploaded). Expand the Sony reader tab by clicking on the arrow beside the Sony reader icon on the left panel, and then click on "sync".
Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Problem is, I don't have that Button A that shows on Andy's screen. Guess I ought to call Sony Customer Support.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #13
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Problem is, I don't have that Button A that shows on Andy's screen. Guess I ought to call Sony Customer Support.
It's under the Sony reader icon--the submenu shows up after you click on the arrow next to the Sony reader icon.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

That was it! I didn't know to click on the arrow. Doh

Also, I discovered the reason I couldn't attach anything was that I'm using Mozila Firefox as a browser. Soon as I switched over to IE, I was able to attach the .doc file.

Thanks for all the help and patience. If I ever see either of you in the MobileRead Bar and Grill, I owe you a drink!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #15
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
That was it! I didn't know to click on the arrow. Doh

Also, I discovered the reason I couldn't attach anything was that I'm using Mozila Firefox as a browser. Soon as I switched over to IE, I was able to attach the .doc file.

Thanks for all the help and patience. If I ever see either of you in the MobileRead Bar and Grill, I owe you a drink!
You're welcome, cassidym!