Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #151
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
As for me; if I walk into a girl monkey's flat and don't see any bananas, I'm walking.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #152
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
How are you defining 'no relationship plans'?

If you are talking about potentially hanging out with someone for a few weeks and just see where the wind blows, I get it. Sort of.

If you are talking about a one night stand, you have just blown me away with your (I extrapolate) 'boring sex not worth the risk' comment.

All and all, not sure if serious.
Any more serious (more than sex) longterm relationship with a non-reader (if that's what you mean by 'hanging out together just to see how far it goes') would be so far out off my radar that I wouldn't even bother to think about it.
If I happen to spend free time with non readers
(what rarely occurs; somehow the things I like to do mostly attract people who like to read too) I limit the contact to said occasions.
I made the experience that I and non-readers just don't grok each other.

The way I understood the 1st post was that only a one-night (optional becoming friends with benefits was not discussed) was planned.
So yes what I said about not being completely out of question but probably too boring to waste ones time on, was about sex-only short- or longterm pairings. After all I could read a good book instead.

Note that it's all about probabilities. I admit that the meeting and contact might have shown hints it would be worth giving a try, but I think it's unlikely.

If that blows you away; well different thinking patterns. OTOH you might wonder how little importance the physical appearance has in my judgement. Even if it's just about having sex together.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #153
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
As for me; if I walk into a girl monkey's flat and don't see any bananas, I'm walking.
You shouldn't notice any. She is probably expecting you to bring some:
"Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #154
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
You shouldn't notice any. She is probably expecting you to bring some:
"Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
LOL

So many comebacks come to mind; but this is a family-friendly site, so I'll have to let it slide.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #155
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

I got it: it was not a banana and you started much more families than intended
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #156
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I got it: it was not a banana and you started much more families than intended
...LOL
Old 09-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #157
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Reader or not, one of my main criteria -

Are you willing to help me move my books.

As long as that's a given, I'll try and work it out.
K for this one!

Sorry, I hae to spread it around a bit first. Be back to ya!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #158
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Excellent news - my dusty second-hand pulp novels and I look forward to making your acquaintance at some unspecified future time.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #159
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
If that blows you away; well different thinking patterns. OTOH you might wonder how little importance the physical appearance has in my judgement. Even if it's just about having sex together.
Fair enough. Without trying to sound like the stereotypical male, I am of the opinion that even boring sex > not having sex.

And especially with someone brand spanking new, cause really, you won't know before hand with absolute certainty whether it will be boring or not. I'll take that gamble. Plus you can always read after.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #160
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Deplore is such a strong word...

I don't think I've ever had a LT relationship with a woman who didn't read. At least, not since before college. But a one nighter? I'm pretty sure I've never been that picky...I can't afford to be.

Just a thought, but a woman in a pair of blue jeans, no make-up, and reading glasses on is just about the sexiest thing on God's good earth. I'm a man of simple mind and taste...
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #161
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharphamster View Post
Reader or not, one of my main criteria -

Are you willing to help me move my books.

As long as that's a given, I'll try and work it out.
Lol I'm not even willing to move my own books. Making an international move in a couple years and hopefully most of my books will be ebooks by then. I'd go broke on the shipping.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 AM   #162
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
Just a thought, but a woman in a pair of blue jeans, no make-up, and reading glasses on is just about the sexiest thing on God's good earth. I'm a man of simple mind and taste...
Lose the jeans and I'll agree
Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #163
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Lose the jeans and I'll agree
I have never seen a monkey wearing jeans, lol. An ape, maybe.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #164
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Mental note : always carry book when travelling in Sweden.
Alas the OP said she noticed he didn't have bookshelves not books. A little trickery but I think you can manage.
Flat-packed I could manage, fully assembled might be more difficult, fully assembled and populated with books would just give me a hernia. Perhaps I'll just bring the kindle next time.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #165
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have absolutely nothing against non-readers. On the other hand, I get easily irritated by readers, meaning those "I'm better than you, because I read old difficult boring books and you read that easy modern best-selling stuff or nothing at all" type of readers.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote