Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
lovro
lovro began at the beginning.

Device: prs 650
DIY prs650 case

Hi guys I have been lurking a little bit, but now I have something to show so I registered :-)

I have made a diy case for my prs650, so I guess some of you would be interested. So without further ado the pictures and links
*I dont know how I insert flickr picture so just the links :-)

http://oreskovic.me/wp/?p=107
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovro/s...7625745364186/
lovro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
Welcome to the forum. Nice first post!

This is a great case you made, well done. To make it perfect, you ought to shorten the bottom screw so the head sits flush, like the top one though. Still, I like the materials you used better than the bland faux leather Sony uses for their covers.
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #3
lovro

Thnx,
yes I am just waiting to get to my Dremel. I just guessed it was finished enough to show the world.

It is functional and everything, but the best thing I like about it that it is personal and unique...
Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
That looks great. What did you use inside the fabric to make it stiff?
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
That looks great. What did you use inside the fabric to make it stiff?
Even better, would you be willing to provide a parts list and instructions? Looks outstanding!
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I'd love top figure out how to do the same for my prs-300
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Looks great!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
lovro

well,
like I said I don't have pictures of the whole process, and this would be useless without pictures :-)

If you take a look at any book binding tutorial, I think you will understand what I did different than a normal book binding.
This is a good tutorial: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...Hardback-Book/

I have a cad drawing you can download on my site, of the bracket that's in the middle of the case.

If I make another one, I'll make sure to photograph the whole process and make a tutorial :-)