Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Self-published author wins prize

I'm not sure if this belongs here, in News, or in the Writer's Corner. Mods, pleas move to appropriate location.

According to Dear Author (I can't get the actual web page to come up for me),

Quote:
Self-published book among Commonwealth regional winners – A Jamaican self published author won the Carribean category for the Commonwealth Book Prize. His book “Disposable People” published through Createspace, along with 20 other shortlisted regional titles, will compete for the best first title with the winner announced at Hay Festival later this month. The Bookseller
I've given the link to The Bookseller article; maybe someone else can get the page to load for them.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
As it happens, I've read that book IIRC it was a freebie about a year or so ago which is how I came across it. My 2p worth is that it was an ok read overall but I thought it was a bit of a jumbled mess in places. Now I'm normally fine with that, les Chants the Maldoror being one of my favourite books and I like Antonin Artaud too... However somehow it didn't quite work for me in Disposable People.

Last edited by Yolina; 05-17-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert