Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony PRS-600 gets first firmware upgrade

I believe there are not too many people who can call the Sony PRS-600 their own, but this doesn't stop Sony from pulling the trigger on a first firmware upgrade. The upgrade is supposed to resolve an issue where the PRS-600 cannot read data from a memory card.

Sony PRS-600 V1.0.01.08040 download link for PC:

http://download.sony.com/prs/prs-600...0.01.08040.exe

Sony PRS-600 V1.0.01.08040 download link for Mac:

http://download.sony.com/prs/prs-600...600Updater.dmg

Related discussions:
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Wonderful! Does this mean we'll get an updated PRS Customizer next?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Somebody please let us know if they needed this firmware upgrade!
I like this method of distributing firmware upgrades - it'd be handy if and when they upgrade the PRS-500 firmware!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I believe there are not too many people who can call the Sony PRS-600 their own, but this doesn't stop Sony from pulling the trigger on a first firmware upgrade. The upgrade is supposed to resolve an issue where the PRS-600 cannot read data from a memory card.

Sony PRS-600 V1.0.01.08040 download link for PC:

http://download.sony.com/prs/prs-600...0.01.08040.exe

Sony PRS-600 V1.0.01.08040 download link for Mac:

http://download.sony.com/prs/prs-600...600Updater.dmg

Related discussions:
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Damn, the firmware images are encrypted.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
When I opened my reader software today on my computer, Sony automatically asked me to "upgrade" for compatibility to the 300/600.

The interface is a lot nicer and opens PDF better. I find the new format (even on the computer) easier on my eyes.

The only thing I didn't like as much was it no longer carries the front page picture from the books along with the titles. They all look like library books.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Aubbie View Post
When I opened my reader software today on my computer, Sony automatically asked me to "upgrade" for compatibility to the 300/600.

The interface is a lot nicer and opens PDF better. I find the new format (even on the computer) easier on my eyes.

The only thing I didn't like as much was it no longer carries the front page picture from the books along with the titles. They all look like library books.
If you click on the icon in the top right corner, you can switch from the list, as you are in now, to thumbnails.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Where is my 700 firmware upgrade? I am waiting for that juicy dictionary support.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Where is my 700 firmware upgrade? I am waiting for that juicy dictionary support.
Ditto. Tap, tap, tap...
Old 08-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #9
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Ditto. Tap, tap, tap...
Is that your dog? It's so cute! I'm a huge dog lover.
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
Is that your dog? It's so cute! I'm a huge dog lover.
Yes she is. And she is waiting impatiently for a firmware upgrade for the PRS-700 as anxiously as I am.

WDE.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #11
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Damn, the firmware images are encrypted.
Not good news...
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Has it been announced that dictionary support will be added to the PRS-700? I have not seen any such announcement myself.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 AM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Has it been announced that dictionary support will be added to the PRS-700? I have not seen any such announcement myself.
Hush, Harry! I am practicing the exact science of positive thinking!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Jer
Jer doesn't litterJer doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
Well, at least in my case, the firmware update does NOT fix the memory card bug. Least not with the pro duo cards (tried three cards that all work in my 505 and my psp). Going to have to try to dig up a standard SD card and see how that works.

Last edited by Jer; 08-27-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
Well, at least in my case, the firmware update does NOT fix the memory card bug. Least not with the pro duo cards (tried three cards that all work in my 505 and my psp). Going to have to try to dig up a standard SD card and see how that works.
I did have a 2gig SD card in a 600 today and it read the files just fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote