Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
No Kobo store for my T1?

I just updated the firmware of my PRS-T1 to version 1.0.07.05070 (2014-06-19). I was expecting the see a button to use the Kobo store (and link it to my Kobo account), but I could not find such a button anywhere.

Should I use another firmware version?

Is the Kobo store available in European PRS-T1s at all?
gioele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
On the interface, the Reader Store should have changed on the screen to read Kobo Bookstore. Try touching the Reader Store and see if it opens Kobo's store.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #3
gioele
gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.gioele knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
On the interface, the Reader Store should have changed on the screen to read Kobo Bookstore. Try touching the Reader Store and see if it opens Kobo's store.
Thanks for your answer. In fact there is was no "Kobo Bookstore" button on my PRS-T1, but your answer forced me to do some more exploration and I have found that the "Kobo Bookstore" button will appear only if I tell my PRS-T1 that I am in the UK.

Evidently the Kobo Bookstore is not accessible from Italy, although Kobo has been selling in Italy for years now.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
gioele

Quote:
Originally Posted by gioele View Post
the "Kobo Bookstore" button will appear only if I tell my PRS-T1 that I am in the UK.
What is even more interesting is that switching to UK makes both the "Kobo bookstore" and the "Public library" buttons appear, while switching to DE will enable only the "Kobo bookstore button" but not the "Public library" button
Old 08-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #5
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gioele View Post
What is even more interesting is that switching to UK makes both the "Kobo bookstore" and the "Public library" buttons appear, while switching to DE will enable only the "Kobo bookstore button" but not the "Public library" button
That is bizarre. You would think that Sony would have the Kobo bookstore working anywhere Kobos would be sold. Although initially I think Sony stated the Sony ebookstore was only going to be gone in the U.S. & Canada, making it seem like it would still be running in Europe and other places.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert