Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Android Tablet solved and ruined to.

Buying an android Lenovo K1 tablet solved all my problems about reading PDFs, and djvus ebooks. Internet Archive, and Google PDFs no problem, regular PDFs, no problem, two page PDFs are very readable. I like Kindle, Kobo, Nook applications just fine. Many other advantages. I use it for FaceBook, Google Plus, Twitter, etc. I have many Bible reading softwares on it, makes study easier.
Trouble is, now I no longer come to sites like MobileRead everyday to see what is new in ebook readers. I am satisfied. No need to look anymore. I really enjoyed trying new readers, or at least hearing about them, but now I am satisfied, not always a 100 percent good thing.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Being satisfied is an awesome thing~! I can safely say I am extremely satisfied with our tablets. The Nook HD and HD+ are awesome, and the Fire HD is nice. No more tablet lust in our house!

E-ink readers are a different story...I am satisfied with my collection, but always keeping an eye out for improvements.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
If you haven't heard of the MySword Bible program, you might be interested in it. It is free at mysword.info and there are a ton of commentaries, dictionaries, and books at biblesupport.com

You need to be selective on the resources, biblesupport has a wide variety of theological positions present though the majority are sound evangelical works.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #4
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Shopping for new toys can be very entertaining, so much so that you feel a loss when the purchase has finally been made
I'm currently designing my next computer, a small and powerful machine with the new Haswell CPU and mini ITX motherboard
I'm reluctant to go ahead and purchase the parts as all the fun of choosing the configuration will be over
I recently sold my Nook ST, so I'm also shopping for a new reader, I'll savour the search !

Congratulations on your fine choice of the Lenovo tablet, may it give you long and reliable service
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
Shopping for new toys can be very entertaining, so much so that you feel a loss when the purchase has finally been made
I'm currently designing my next computer, a small and powerful machine with the new Haswell CPU and mini ITX motherboard
I'm reluctant to go ahead and purchase the parts as all the fun of choosing the configuration will be over
I completely agree. I find it fun to spec builds. Much more so than the actual building and eventual production use.

Still, you can always spec builds for other people. There are lots of folks asking for build advice on hardware forums, anyway.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

I use it, and have introduced it to other Pastors in the Philippines, it is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
If you haven't heard of the MySword Bible program, you might be interested in it. It is free at mysword.info and there are a ton of commentaries, dictionaries, and books at biblesupport.com

You need to be selective on the resources, biblesupport has a wide variety of theological positions present though the majority are sound evangelical works.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #7
amgoforth
Groupie

Exclamation Sad about eink.

I am discouraged with eink. I had allot of eink readers. Left several in Philippines while I was in Iraq for 1 1/2 years. Original Kindle stolen while I was gone. All Iliads including DR, also Sony 700, Easyreader, NO longer boot up, and screens washed out. ones I took with me, Kindle DR screen grayed out some, Gen 3 stopped booting after I got home, Sony 595 still good but battery not so good, old Jetbook still fine, ETI 1 has 2 lines on screen but good other then that. So most eink devices are messed up, not eink pretty much fine. I can not see me buying another eink reader unless it is very cheap. I would love to have a 12 inch Jetbook reflective screen to read on if it did Photo PDFs and DJVUs well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Being satisfied is an awesome thing~! I can safely say I am extremely satisfied with our tablets. The Nook HD and HD+ are awesome, and the Fire HD is nice. No more tablet lust in our house!

E-ink readers are a different story...I am satisfied with my collection, but always keeping an eye out for improvements.

Tags
android, djvu, pdf