Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G(BRICKED), Kobo GLO
Kindle Touch - Fastboot eraseall

Hi guys. I'm from Brazil and I need some help.
Since yesterday I recovery my kindle with MfgTool.. Because my kindle start to frozen...Every thing was okay with the process... but my kindle keep Frozing in Diags and in the OS.
Then a got a bit frustrate and type fastboot and read every single command untill a see "ereaseall" what you guys think i did? hahaha

Afther did it a search on Google "Fastboot ereaseall" i found it:

"WHY did you ERASE ALL? If you were in an airplane, would you push a button labelled "Self Destruct" too?" geekmaster

There a way to restore my kindle? I have it (bought it used) only a week after tree days with become give me some frozes(luck mine without warranty)...
Deivid3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You may need to debrick it using the internal serial port, now that you erased fastboot protocol from your kindle. You will need to open your kindle and solder to the serial port pads on the PCB. You will also need to use a 1.8v serial adapter.

And you will have some learning to do. And learning what not to do.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #3
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Eureka did make a bootable fastboot bin, right? Works even on completely erased mmcs?
https://github.com/aditya3098/imx_usb_loader has it my default "Fastbootserver"
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
Deivid3g
Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.Deivid3g is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You may need to debrick it using the internal serial port, now that you erased fastboot protocol from your kindle. You will need to open your kindle and solder to the serial port pads on the PCB. You will also need to use a 1.8v serial adapter.

And you will have some learning to do. And learning what not to do.
I imagine it... I read about recovery with serial port also.
I will read and learn more, and more and more. Thanks

"Study, Study, Study" Kintaro Oe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Eureka did make a bootable fastboot bin, right? Works even on completely erased mmcs?
It work in completely mmcs? I will give a try... if i can.
i'm really sad because if i do every thing about firmware and be hardware?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I have not tried it yet and I forgot about it.

Yes, you can repair a completely erased kindle 4 or newer by using imx_usb_loader or MfgTool to send this custom u-boot image with fastboot protocol built-in (crafted by Eureka) to the Kindle over the USB cable. That will boot the kindle directly into fastboot mode, so you can use the fastboot tool to flash debricking repair images to the Kindle.

I will need to download the fastboot u-boot image and include it into the MfgTool package in the select boot thread when I get around to it.

EDIT: With this valuable addition to our debricking repair tools, you can repair a completely erased kindle without opening it or using its serial port. Thanks Eureka!

Last edited by geekmaster; 01-06-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Deivid3g

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder. I have not tried it yet and I forgot about it.

Yes, you can repair a completely erased kindle 4 or newer by using imx_usb_loader or MfgTool to send this custom u-boot image with fastboot protocol built-in (crafted by Eureka) to the Kindle over the USB cable. That will boot the kindle directly into fastboot mode, so you can use the fastboot tool to flash debricking repair images to the Kindle.

I will need to download the fastboot u-boot image and include it into the MfgTool package in the select boot thread when I get around to it.

EDIT: With this valuable addition to our debricking repair tools, you can repair a completely erased kindle without opening it or using its serial port. Thanks Eureka!
I will love if you include it into MfgTool *_*
Try hard use the imx_usb_loader on ubuntu and just have fail "permissiondenied"/"Permissão negada".
Old 01-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid3g View Post
I will love if you include it into MfgTool *_*
Try hard use the imx_usb_loader on ubuntu and just have fail "permissiondenied"/"Permissão negada".
Use "sudo imx_usb_loader" instead of just "imx_usb_loader". imx_usb_loader requires root privileges.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Deivid3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Use "sudo imx_usb_loader" instead of just "imx_usb_loader". imx_usb_loader requires root privileges.
alright! after use imx_usb_loader with boot_to_builtin_fastboot.bin and fastboot.bin
how to install fastboot on ubuntu? i try use sudo wget http://www.sudoforlunch.org/fastboot -O /usr/bin/fastboot && sudo chmod -cvR a+x /usr/bin/fastboot and then
use sudo ./fastboot say command do not found..
How commands i use to build the kindle partitions ?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
Deivid3g

i'm so happy after several try i could reboot my kindle.. the only command how came to my mind... now i need you help guys what should i do to mount the flash and etc to my kindle boot on diags?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deivid3g View Post
... i'm so happy after several try i could reboot my kindle.. the only command how came to my mind... now i need you help guys what should i do to mount the flash and etc to my kindle boot on diags?
For information about what to do next, check out the "small debricking guide for noobs". You can find it in the simple debricking sticky thread first post, or in the index wikis. This "noobs guide" is a smaller simpler step-by-step version of information from the debricking threads, put together and maintained by silver18.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hmm... sorry, but what is your problem now?

You have imx_usb_loader working, which can boot your kindle into any mode that you want.
You also got fastboot working.
In other words: you have complete control over your Kindle, whichever state it is in.

If I understand your question correctly, you only have to boot into diags mode (using imx_usb_loader), and to follow the other directions in the debrick guide.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
geekmaster

I think that the "fastboot eraseall" function needs an icon:
Old 01-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
Deivid3g

Thank you guys! I realy glad...
But i guess my kindle is realy dead hardware.
I tried several times flash the files to my kindle using the imx_usb but it fail...
Only simple commands works like "./fastboot eraseall"
The i connect my kindle in a PC with Win XP and the kindle was recognized was a HID but soon it was auto desconected drive (is like my kindle auto shutdown)...
Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
geekmaster

Probably not hardware failure. The behavior you described is consistent with bricked firmware. It can probably be debricked, if you get the tools installed correctly and use the right procedures.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #15
Deivid3g

Quote:
Probably not hardware failure. The behavior you described is consistent with bricked firmware. It can probably be debricked, if you get the tools installed correctly and use the right procedures.
But even using eraseall it still have firmware? I will try do again, and again, and again if need the process to restore my kindle when i came home and post the results.